MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys I got someadvices from people in this forum before about the above conversion which im doing, im putting a kv6 from a zs180 into my rover 214 i need all advice you all can give me AGAIN about doing this conversion.

·
Registered
74 Posts
pwtaylor said:
Hey there guys I got someadvices from people in this forum before about the above conversion which im doing, im putting a kv6 from a zs180 into my rover 214 i need all advice you all can give me AGAIN about doing this conversion.
Try being a little more specific about what you want to know, dude.

What problems have you run into so far?
What problems can you forsee?
IS there anything your just not sure about?

if in doubt, ask!

Best of luck.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
if you have any trouble then send a pm to steve b from banshee, he has the 180 engine in his 214

simon :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
v6 into rover 214

Basically I really just need to know about how I will fit the engine and gearbox i.e size wise and mounts and driveshafts???

aerosam99 said:

if in doubt, ask!

Best of luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
v6 into rover 214

Basically I really just need to know about how I will fit the engine and gearbox i.e size wise and mounts and driveshafts???

aerosam99 said:

if in doubt, ask!

Best of luck.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
can mk2 220 turbo subframes be used as these are biult to take the pg1, thedrive shafts will be standered fit from the turbo too then its just engine mounts that would need making up.

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
the gearbox isn't mounted in the 220 turbo's. it is bolted to the engine which in turn is mounted to the frames. Its going to be VERY difficult in a mk2, as the loom is a mems3 loom and the 200 is a mems1.
Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HOW DO I GET IN TOUCH WITH STEVE B FROM BANSHEE AND DOES HE HAVE ANY PICTURES OF THE KV6 IN A MK3 200???

Si said:
if you have any trouble then send a pm to steve b from banshee, he has the 180 engine in his 214

simon :)

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Steve Berry is Steve_B on the forums. Use the PM system or go to the banshee website and use the contact details there.

All I know is is that the whole engine had to go in on the p!ss for it to fit.

And please switch off the caps lock as it is as if you are shouting and demanding the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts