MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spending a few hours on 'the Nuggett' In the manual it says to top up the coolant level with 50% water and 50% antifreeze. Do I need to in Spring? can I just add water? I've done that with my other cars but my other cars coolant was not Orange!! Any help woudl be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
A little straight water wan't do any harm, but if you can, keep to the suggested mix. It's not just to stop the coolant freezing during the winter it also helps stop the inside of the engine corroding.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If it's orange stuff that you have make sure you get OAT (should be a ring round your bottle). I think the correct level is about ½" above the seam, but it's difficult to see the mark. Most people just use the seam as a guide. It;ll find it's own level anyway if you put a little too much in.

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just been out and got some. As reccommended in the manual meeting BS3650 or something like that but this new stuff is blue. I'm taking it that it is OK to mix them?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Funny you should mention this. I had my OAT coolant changed last week at a service and it's now blue instead of orange. Rob Bell also mentioned that he had recently bought some blue OAT. Whether you can mix them or not I really don't know, but I think that it's probably OK. Phone the dealer and ask them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts