MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spending a few hours on 'the Nuggett' In the manual it says to top up the coolant level with 50% water and 50% antifreeze. Do I need to in Spring? can I just add water? I've done that with my other cars but my other cars coolant was not Orange!! Any help woudl be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If it's orange stuff that you have make sure you get OAT (should be a ring round your bottle). I think the correct level is about ½" above the seam, but it's difficult to see the mark. Most people just use the seam as a guide. It;ll find it's own level anyway if you put a little too much in.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Funny you should mention this. I had my OAT coolant changed last week at a service and it's now blue instead of orange. Rob Bell also mentioned that he had recently bought some blue OAT. Whether you can mix them or not I really don't know, but I think that it's probably OK. Phone the dealer and ask them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.