MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years of manual polishing, i have bought a orbital cosmo polisher. I have used it this weekend and it makes polishing quicker and you spent less effort. However one thing i noted was it was ok with polishing but it is not so good with cleaning and buffing the the polish afterwards. I have used the original finishing pad and another woolpad for a finish but both sucked. Instead used a microfiber towel for the finish and it did a very good job. I have now ordered meguiars pad for the job.

Any recommendation with those orbital machines?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
it is best to apply the polish by machine and remove by hand. IIRC the cosmo isn't variable power is it? What kind of polish do you have?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cosmo is fixed to 2900 rpm (or opm). I use autoglym super resin polish or similar. Main issue is some amount of residues stays there even after i finish cleaning but i reach a satisfactory finish after cleaning with the microfiber towel.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
that sounds about right. I always remove it with a MF cloth.

it has broken down enough when you can remove the polish with a finger and it doesn't leave a mark.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers, i thought the polisher would do a better job at cleaning but still i am happy with it. It now takes me nearly half the time to polish the car and less effort. Hope the polisher will last long enough.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
experiment with different pads and products - it all depends on the finish you are after. (and how big your pockets are!)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers, already bought meguiars pads for polishing and another for finishing and now browsing at sonus buffing pads :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts