Saturday 24th

Sky Sports F1 HD
16:00 - Practice 3
19:00 - Qualifying 1
19:22 - Qualifying 2
19:45 - Qualifying 3

BBC 2
21:45-23:00 - Qualifying Highlights
22:00-23:15 - Qualifying Highlights (Scotland)
22:15-23:30 - Qualifying Highlights (Northern Ireland)

Sunday 25th

(Clocks have changed to GMT)

Sky Sports F1 HD
13:45 - Qualifying (rescheduled)
17:30 - Grid (earlier time)
19:00 - Race

BBC 5 Live
18:30-21:00 - Live Commentary

BBC 1
22:30 - Race Highlights

Monday 26th

BBC 5 Live
04:30-05:00 - US GP Review

BBC 2
13:00 - Race Highlights (repeat)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indeed, pretty epic.
Will probably be one of the very few F1 races where I want to watch the highlights as well as the live race.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I see Rosberg threw his toys out the pram, yes Lewis was strong on that 1st corner but he had the racing line seemed fairly reasonable to me. In the end the Race was Rosberg's to lose which he did so I don't see he has much to complain about, and unless Lewis suffers Mechanical failure in the next 3 races it was unlikely he was going to win anyway.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,896 Posts
I enjoyed the action in this race. There was some notable action at the front but, lower down was where I saw much more of interest.

Checking the various web sites where F1 post race comments are invited, such as this one on the BBC's F1 web site here with 600+ comments :~

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34634518

... and others I also frequent, there is a preponderance of comments which has degenerated into a mainly Hamilton / Senna 3xWDC only debate. Poor show almost totally ignoring the fine race action. Such as the efforts of Vettel, Verstappen, Perez. Button ... yes BUTTON !... :) ... Sainz; Maldonado ... yes, even MALDONADO; Nasr and Ricciardo ~ the last named leading the race on pure merit at one stage, all apparently hardly worthy of discussion. All achieving admirably well in inferior equipment.

Still praise be if after this race at last the excess of media hype involving the Senna/Hamilton equalling 3wdcs can be laid to rest thus back to the racing itself rather than the hype. I for one will be thankful for that but, I shall not be laying any bets on it!

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for his third WDC success. Always good to see British success... makes for a refreshing change.. :)

Thinks... what if next year we have a Hamilton equalling Vettel's 4wdcs uber-hyped media scenario.... :doh: doh: :doh: doh: :doh: doh: :doh: doh: ... yikes :yikes: even ... :)

·
Super Moderator
11,001 Posts
Thinks... what if next year we have a Hamilton equalling Vettel's 4wdcs uber-hyped media scenario.... :doh: doh: :doh: doh: :doh: doh: :doh: doh: ... yikes :yikes: even ... :)
Oh please NO. I listened to the live commentary on BBC Sport web site. It sounded a tremendous race. Excellent presentation. How ever I found the recorded highlights a bit underwhelming plus far to much hype. Yet again the safety car screws a good race. As John says there was some good displays further down the field. Young Max will be the one to lookout for next season.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts