MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Yes i'm back again if you read my last post i was about to purchase a ZT-T from a dealer in Staffordshire but unfortunatly the deal fell through:shake: Anyway i have found another an 03 with all the toys sat nav tv cruise xenons etc etc BUT yes there is always one it has done 87k:eek: The car has a few little dings but nothing major interior very tidy but bit of wear in drivers seat the engine and box are superb car is up for £7k. Is this a bit steep i have searched and saerched for this particular model ZT-T 135+CDTI Auto but seem very very hard to find:confused: The problem also is i can only drive autos so a manual is NOT an option the car is for sale at Carlton Gargage Wendsbury. So if anyone knows the car please please pleas let me know as i am smitten with this motor:drool: And as i said i cannot find another in this spec there is another chap interested so time is of the essence so come on lads and lasses is this motor a bit overpriced:dunno: oh forgot to say he will give me 12mths warranty at that price 6mths tax but cannot drop it anymore:shake:
Cheers,
Chaz;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok just give me an idea of what all you ZT-T owners paid and what sort miles were on the clock at the time of purchase:rolleyes: That will give me a bit of an idea of the going prices i am getting quite aggitated,excited and confused all in one:errx2: I have only got until tomorrow to make me mind up so a very sleepless night for me tonight me thinks so come ALL do your best am i paying too much for this motor (if i buy) that is:bgrin2:
Cheers,
Chaz;)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Not Carlton Motors is it?
(just the only ad on Autotrader)

PS don;t get hung up on the 135 vs a 116. Both are really easy and cheap to bring up to 150.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not Carlton Motors is it?
(just the only ad on Autotrader)

PS don;t get hung up on the 135 vs a 116. Both are really easy and cheap to bring up to 150.
Hi John,
Yep thats the one why what do you know please do tell:errx2:
Cheers,
Chaz;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Not looked recently but does seem a bit over priced, the toys dont seem to add much to the price when you come across similar age milage etc.

But as you say auto's are pretty rare on cdti's, may have more choice if look at V6s could work out as cheap to go down the V6 and convert to lpg route.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Martin,
Got nothing against lpg but really want a derv, timing chain, BMW lump etc i would love a ZT-T 260 V8 now that on lpg would be very very tempting:drool:
Cheers,
Chaz;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Martin,
Both very very nice cars probably a bit far from me but i have enquired as to the reserve price on the CDT see how we go eh:dunno:
Cheers,
Chaz;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The diesel is good with plenty of tuning potential, Ti Rich has managed to get 171bhp out of his for probably about £700 in mods

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blimey thats chucking out almost as much as my modded 1973 P6B Estate which is now fitted with a 3.9 injected lump with ported heads man big bore exh twin 3inch tail pipes etc etc:scary: If i do buy this ZT-T i will be doing the air duct mod and fitting a Rover Ron box and decat of course:D I am just a bit hessitant on the price of my potential purchase because of the high mileage and the bugger won't come down on the price:(
Cheers,
Chaz;)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Bought my 75 CDT two years ago with 87000 on the clock, it's clicked over to 116000 today. Had the usual probs, fuel pump and rad fan, but so have cars with much lower mileage showing. So I wouldn't worry about the mileage if everything else is OK.

I've done Air intake mod Mk2, have Ron's box and spring mod, and today, filled up just before 200 miles of M-way with a bit of town driving in the middle, and brim-to-brim gave me 51mpg. I'll not admit to the cruise being set at more than 75, and Ron's Tu3b set on 7.

Rather funny really, Ron warns that on a high setting, the onboard computer reads high. I'll say!! It showed 86mpg!!! and aggregate (range to go plus trip reading) indicated tank range showed over 1000miles!!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Maybe the seller knows the auto box on a cdti is like hens teeth.

Make sure the air-con fan works, switch ignition on turn air-con on low and you should see the big black fan behind the grille kick in.

The motors tend to go around 50k so probably been replaced once in its life so you might be ok, then again previous owner may never have known.

Also MAF sensor tends to only last 40-50k if pick up is very slow then a sudden rush of power when the turbo kicks in more than likely the MAF is out of spec.

Slide the front seats back and forwards and dont be too gentle, the wiring loom is a very bad design and often the wires pull in the connector socket and set the airbag light off on the dash.

Check carpets and boot for damp as they get some strange leaks. You may also find you dont have a spare wheel or space saver they were an extra.

Seems a little pricey but very limited choice if want the cdti with autobox, does it have to be a ZTT or would you consider a ZT?

The only other is at £9995 04 plate 33000 kilometres left hooker - way over priced even if it was RHD
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200718105001350

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I bought an 03 ZT-T on ebay about 4 weeks ago. 27k on the clock, £7500. CDTi 135, auto, xenons, parking sensors, dual zone climate control, hairpin alloys, no cruise, no sat nav.

Dunno if that might help?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the price isn't too bad, not many of those cars around so it may keep the price up. All I can say is that my CDTi+ 135 is one of the best cars I have ever driven. Never needed any parts at all, which is more than I can say for the BMW I had before. I would have no hesitation in buying another, totally reliable, pure pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the replies lads you have been a great help:rolleyes: no really you have it's descision time tomorrow but i think we know what the outcome will be don't we:petevick: Anyway keep em coming i WILL be back tomorrow with the verdict and some pics if i go ahead and purchase:D I must say and iv'e said before it's great to be back on this brill forum with all my mates:grouphug:
Cheers,
Chaz;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think the price isn't too bad, not many of those cars around so it may keep the price up. All I can say is that my CDTi+ 135 is one of the best cars I have ever driven. Never needed any parts at all, which is more than I can say for the BMW I had before. I would have no hesitation in buying another, totally reliable, pure pleasure to drive.
You've done it now you will be on the back of an AA tow truck tomorrow :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts