MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is a stoopid question, but when you guys take the hood down (sorry, & gals) and unzip the window, does this mean you gotta pull the velcro apart down the sidesand lay the hood flat??? does it just drape over the parcel shelf??? pictures would be appreciated! thanx

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
2 options

1) yes just lay it on the shelf (lay a towel over it for extra protection)

2) clip the 2 poppers at the top of the screen to the 2 clips on the t-bar

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
MG Deano said:
mine rests on the shelf, have never ever used the poppers!!!
I never use the poppers either except when sun is too hot for topdown - unzip screen, popper it down, leave roof up and hit the French D roads.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Its best to properly unzip the window and pull velcro apart and then lay the hood down on the shelf flat, otherwise you may (will) risk damaging the window. it will crease up and get scratched and god knows what. and you don't want that.

·
Registered
mg_tf
205 Posts
Sprinter said:
2 options

1) yes just lay it on the shelf (lay a towel over it for extra protection)

2) clip the 2 poppers at the top of the screen to the 2 clips on the t-bar
Poppers??? not sure if mine has poppers.....

And Pix would help me from felling stupid....

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm not in to digipics today.

All MGF/TF hoods have 2 small 'tongues' attached to the top edge of the rear screen with half a press stud attached to it.

... before we go any further, pop out to your car and have a look ...

right then, on the top edge of the t-bar there are either 3 half press studs or a press stud and 2 posts (normally used to fix the tonneau when it is used).

... before we go any further, pop out to your car and have a look ... (see footnote #1)
right then, the 2 half studs on the screen clip on to the half studs on the t-bar.

footnote #1: should have got you to look at both sets the first time instead of getting you to go outside twice. still, it's a nice day.

These notes may seem a bit over simple but I've just spent an hour trying to explain something to our chairman and have got stuck in the "can't get too simple" mode.

Got a bit worried in case things had changed ... my 2004 TF still has the female bit on the screen and the male part on the t-bar. I've had a quick look on a couple of sites with piccies but nothing obvious.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
PaulaM said:
Blimey i always wondered what those loops were for!! Now i know cheers mate :hyper:
Hey guys - if Paula can find them without a picture then you should be able to!!

Yes, I know - another choccie delivery is about to be called for.

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
Sprinter said:
Hey guys - if Paula can find them without a picture then you should be able to!!

Yes, I know - another choccie delivery is about to be called for.
Good make it a big one!!

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
PaulaM said:
Blimey i always wondered what those loops were for!! Now i know cheers mate :hyper:
I always thought they were there to flap about and be a general nuisance! We live and learn! :)

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I dont know if it is my low skills in the english language -english is not my mother tongue - or my low I.Q. but I would rather see some pics!!!!!

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
PaulaM said:
I thought thats what men were put on earth for!!:rotflmao:
Should really of seen that coming! :rotflmao:

Although the same could be said.... no wait, i'll quit while i'm ahead :)

Jonathan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts