MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walking to the office this morning, I saw a 75 at a petrol station. It was a 53 reg LWB model, in dark green or black (couldn't tell, it was in the shadows) and had thick black rims round all the window glass - like the bullet proof stuff you sometimes see. The wheels appeared to be the 17" Straights normally seen on the likes of ZRs and ZSs, but had Rover badges in the centre.

I looked up the registration number on the AA Carcheck website, which has never failed me yet, and got "vehicle not on database". I wonder if this was the Prime Minister's 75, of which we have heard but seen little?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Strange that it had Straights, would have thought 16" wheels or Serpants should be on a govt one? Sounds cool though!

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
S4RK1 said:
Strange that it had Straights, would have thought 16" wheels or Serpants should be on a govt one? Sounds cool though!
18" Straights were an optional extra on the 75 at the end of the Mark 1 75's life.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes forgot that but they were wernt they, but in terms of ferrying people about London you'd thing ride quality would be high on the list of concerns.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Slightly different subject, but I saw a nice sight today on the M5 heading down from Longbridge: a fleet of MG ZT-260s, one in British Racing Green, the others in a range of monogram colours driving in convoy. They really did look the business. You could almost hear Elgar's "Land of Hope and Glory" playing in the background... or was it the Dambusters?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts