MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got these on my TF and think they look great...

ok so heres the question...

how much do these weigh compared to the trophy wheels?

do they actually make a difference in performance....

and why are they so expensive??????

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
I seem to remember reading that they weigh more than trophy's :dunno:

there cost is due them being magnesium I believe.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jus checked it out... thanks pete... they are actually lighter.... unless i read it wrong...

the ultra's weigh at 6.2 and trophys at 8.7kg...

·
Registered
837 Posts
They are actually forged aluminium, stronger than cast.

In terms of weight they are over 2 kg a corner lighter than the TF 160's, and the offset is 10mm wider, which gives a slightly wider track.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the handling on my tf is amazing... better then the S2 for that matter... maybe the wheels have something to do with it...

·
Registered
mg_zr
917 Posts
IanS said:
They are actually forged aluminium, stronger than cast.

In terms of weight they are over 2 kg a corner lighter than the TF 160's, and the offset is 10mm wider, which gives a slightly wider track.
You forgot to mention that apart from all that they actually look so much better than the standard 160 wheel :rocker:

And while I'm gloating I got mine brand new for an ultralight price :jealous:

Ps Ian did you get some wheel centres in the end?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
petevick said:
I seem to remember reading that they weigh more than trophy's :dunno:

there cost is due them being magnesium I believe.
Magnesium really? Wouldnt that make them ludicrously expensive? thats race car stuff....

EDIT: just checked Rob Bells page.....alu alloy, thought it might be something like that. Magnesium wheels would be absolutely mental!

PS: Dark grey/black alloys look the best.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Intenso said:
You forgot to mention that apart from all that they actually look so much better than the standard 160 wheel :rocker:

And while I'm gloating I got mine brand new for an ultralight price :jealous:

Ps Ian did you get some wheel centres in the end?
Yeah i did in the end, from b&g, the same part no as the trophy ones!! fit a treat!!

likewise, ultralite price :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
owned a S2, and trust me mate better handling on my TF, S2 had alot of power and the back would go out too often! Didnt say its got better handling then the elise... its a better ride then the elise...

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Olg's 160 said:
the handling on my tf is amazing... better then the S2 for that matter... ...

Olg's 160 said:
owned a S2, and trust me mate better handling on my TF, S2 had alot of power and the back would go out too often! Didnt say its got better handling then the elise... its a better ride then the elise...
aha, liar liar, pants on fire.:err::lol::lol::lol:

my mate has an S2 elise and i have slightly more BHP than him so i had him beat once past the 80+ mark, but he could get to the 80+ a bit quicker than me, but with him behind me, he was always all over me, the handling and grip was amazing, so much better than a tf.
now the tf has pretty decent handling and levels of grip which different alloys/tyres will affect, but shouldnt be able to outperform an elise.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,474 Posts
Does Olg's 160 mean a S2000? As I am sure I read that they owned one before the TF. Otherwise I confused.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts