MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MODIFIED-MG-ZR-SHOW-CAR-MAX-POWER-SAXO-206-BMW-A3-CORSA_W0QQitemZ4643970436QQcategoryZ18262QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

£7500 for this monstrosity? I can't believe people are bidding on it at that price. It's got 48,000 miles and is an 02 plate fer christs sake?!

125 BHP? I don't think so, or maybe it's because of the super duper high performance spark plugs.
I bet the body kit alone has knocked 10 BHP off it because of wind resistance.

Group 8, great for young drivers? Yeh right.

·
Registered
59 Posts
lol i spotted this the other day. Shocking!!

I dont believe that anybody is actually going to pay that much for it. The bloke winning has 0 feedback so probably wants it posting to nigeria or something haha.

·
Registered
mg_zt
1,311 Posts
it's got all the door handles removed including boot so thats an instant MOT fail if I remember correctly ;)

and theres no way a modified 1.4 petrol engine will get 45-50mpg. but then its not if any insurance company will even consider it for a new driver...

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Herzlos said:
it's got all the door handles removed including boot so thats an instant MOT fail if I remember correctly ;)
I don't think that's a fail mate, why would it be? As long as the door has a mechanism to be opened from outside, such as a button to a solenoid then it shouldn't fail.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
no mate, it's not a fail.

If there was a handle on it and it didn't work, then it's a fail. Because there is no handle it cannot fail. removing the handle from inside is a fail on the other hand.

Kris

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
how would the body kit knock 10bhp off it? also its very possible to get 125bhp out of it. maybe hes had the throats cleaned up or a port polish etc. btw i really hate that bodykit, especially the bonnet! and to think there is a puny little 1.4 powering it! ffs, send it to the scrappers.

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
Red-Diezel said:
Erm....what could we ask?

Ask if he would be willing to swap for a rover metro professionally coloured in burberry checks :)
wind resistance wouldt knock anything of the bhp just use more of it up.
just asked him if he has anyway of proving its got 125bhp.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
That's not a spoiler, that's a mutant malformation.

funny thing is that it looks exactly like the car in this ad:

(the ad was taken from this same page)

·
Registered
51 Posts
no doubt he had a mate bid on it so that it sold for a higher price.

saves putting a reserve on and puttin people off - not that the reserve would do that - just look at the pics lol!

·
Registered
rover_25
3,457 Posts
125bhp my arse with all that kit i bet that car hardley moves.

Mine is 143bhp standed but when i had my kit fitted it made it feel like i was dragging a trailer.

Nice car though :lol: got to admire the work whats gone in to it

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Its a Mynheer kit. You can bet it will fall off after the first pothole you hit! :lol:
It doesn't even have leather seats!! I disagree with the "best car for summer" comment, I think my little baby would be a lot better! :haha:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts