MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done to the death on this forum which I apologise for bringing up again!!! I want to bring up about the tyres on my MGF (MY2000 15" Tyres)

At the moment, the front tyres are Ventura (Goodyear if I recall correctly) and they were 'new' when I bought the car. The back tyres are Goodyear NCT 5 which is going to be replaced soon since it is wearing out day by day :/

Should I replace just the rear tyres with either GoodYear F1 DSG2 / Toyo (Which I forget)? Or go for the lot? Going to be a costly payment.

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1's DSG2. Toyo's are ok but they wear out like hot butter, they're cheaper but you'll be putting on another set in half the time of the goodyears.

I have a set of Yokohama A539's in the garage which will be fitted as soon as the F1's wear out, I'll let everyone know how they get on.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,317 Posts
I think you should go for all four, as the handling could be unpredictable if you replace just the rear tyres.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,317 Posts
STEVEN_NORFIELD said:
Toyo's are ok but they wear out like hot butter, they're cheaper but you'll be putting on another set in half the time of the goodyears.
I have to say that’s no longer the case with the new Toyo’s.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've always got on pretty well with Toyos on previous cars. That said I've been happy with the performance of the Eagle F1's so far so I guess time will tell on that argument. Whatever you do, don't get the cheapest set!

As for the replacing the whole lot, if the fronts still have plenty of life in them I wouldn't worry doing them. I'd say it's better to replace either both fronts or both rears at the same time. Unless you like driving on the ragged edge all the time you shouldn't notice much/anything by way of unpredictability.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep sending in those messages everyone :D

The fronts still got plenty of life in them. I was thinking to replace all fours but don't have an estimate until tomorrow trip's to the garage (First name terms already since my father knows them for years).

I can't bloody help putting my foot down in the MGF which I got to stop doing since the tyres are in those conditions ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts