MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swopped over the Wheels from my 200 onto the '93 400, the 400 had recent (well around 3k on them now) new tyres, all balanced etc, when i took The rear ones off, the Inner part of the tyre on both sides at rear is really worn, really uneven wear somewhere down the line...
If I get the 'Wheel Alignment' done, will it cure the problem so it doesn't feck the new tyres up?

cheers.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup they were all fine, I thought it's gota be sumit to do wid alignment coz it's BOTH rears are wearing in the same place

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dad said it could be sumit to do with the garage knocking the alignment slightly outa pla coz it had som new parts for the MOT (Rear suspension related, cudnt memba what it was exactly) the other year, was only really used as a town car at time but it's doing about 35 miles a day these days so the wear's shown ;)

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Get the alignment checked. If it is out of specification then get it set back to where it should be and that should be an end to the problem.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took it upto the garage, he said on the Rover's you can't adjust the rear, only the front... he said ders no way of adjusting it and suggested two things.

1) The rear bushes are in need of replacement.
or
2) The subframe's bent.

I'm guessing its the bushes coz when it had the MOT, the guy said to me dad that the Rear Bushes are starting to crack (But still passable obv!)

It hasn't been in any accident really really 'BAD' curbing or anything so I cannot see in any way whatsoever that the subframe could be bent as the last set of tyres were fine before hand.

Obv another job for a weekend...rear bushes.......along with the H.G on the 200 :twak2: :irked:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts