MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I be using the tyre pressures that are recommended for the wheels or for the origional car??

I.E. 26 front 28 rear as per MGF standard
OR 26 front 36 rear as per TF160 wheel recommendation?

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Hmmm, MGF's sit on 24 Front and 28 Rear when using 16" wheels. That does assume that the tyres sizes are for the F (i.e. 215/40 R16) and not the TF.
Thats based on a 1998 manual, so whether the MY2000 cars differ I don't know.

·
Registered
mg_tf
198 Posts
arrgh im confused now
i changed from 28 all round and hated it the dash felt high and the rear felt low so i went .36 rear and 26 front and feel real good proper control but now i have the feeling someones going to tell me that what ive done is either not right or down right dangerous.........

whats the original setup for 15".and 16"...........?im not surenow when i thought i was

my2000

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Beware of conflicting advice from F or TF owners - the OEM recommendations were quite different for the different wheel/tyre combinations. Some have never owned or driven an F. It is becoming vital that threads clearly show if query is F specific or TF specific or Common.

Initially, get a copy of the MGR Owners Handbook for the model and year of your car and any addenda that were published. That will be a guide for standard wheel and tyre combinations on standard suspensions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts