MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
travelling down to rennes tomorro in france - and im gona be fully laden down with two people, and luggage for at least 5/6 hrs of motorway driving

should i be adjusting the tyre pressures different to the normal to accomodate this sort of journey

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I await to be stood corrected but I left mine as I would have them normally every time we did long (5hrs) journeys to visit relatives. We were always packed to the rafters.

I suppose the only advice I can give is take account of the extra weight and its possible effects on handling, stopping distances etc... granny to suck eggs I know....

I couldn't see anything in the handbook about it so left them alone.

Iain

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
My TF User Manual specs 2psi extra in the back if driving over 100 mph. No mention of load that I can see.

I've never stayed at 100 mph for long enough to make it needed.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
My TF User Manual specs 2psi extra in the back if driving over 100 mph. No mention of load that I can see.

I've never stayed at 100 mph for long enough to make it needed.
How do you increase the pressure once you're above 100 anyway? Isn't that a bit dangerous? :getcoat:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Is that what the little 12v compressor is in the front of some Fs for? The hose might need to be longer to wind out enough though........:err: :D

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,996 Posts
Interesting question...my handbook doesn't mention increasing the pressure for weight. Maybe the assumption is that you should never carry anything heavier than 2 bags of golf clubs (however heavy that is....).

Myself and Mrs Mikef are hoping to tootle down to Cornwall for a few days in the MG, and I wasn't going to alter the pressure for that trip (assuming Mrs Mikef doesnt put on weight and we carry minimal luggage)

mikef

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I reckon the pressures are set for two occupants so there ain't alot more you can get in an F/TF that would justify pressure increases! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts