MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. just wondering. i will need new boots on my 54 plate 75 1.8 connisuer se soon. at the mo ive got standard 21/55/16's on i can get a new set of 215/60/16 93 w rated same as the 55's. will this make any handeling difference do you think ?. ive heard conflicting reports about changing to these sizes. thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have done thanks. no probs. its the load and speed rating that makes the difference. both sets are 93-w rated no probs as far as insurance concerned. thanks for info anyway.

·
Banned
cityrover
3,451 Posts
I dont think there is a great difference in height between 55 and 60s, I went down to 40s from 45s on the ZT and they are about 1cm less height than the 45s. Not sure about going up though, cant imagine it would hurt. The issue would be clearance between tyre and the rest of the car. Sure someone has done this somewhere...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks. i will wait and see for some consructive repilies. im having them done in 2 weeks time. only reason why is the car seems a little skittish around 80 mph and in crosswinds so hopefully changing to 60's should help. thanks

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
thanks. i will wait and see for some consructive repilies. im having them done in 2 weeks time. only reason why is the car seems a little skittish around 80 mph and in crosswinds so hopefully changing to 60's should help. thanks
All 75s are a little unstable in cross winds.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,164 Posts
hi. just wondering. i will need new boots on my 54 plate 75 1.8 connisuer se soon. at the mo ive got standard 21/55/16's on i can get a new set of 215/60/16 93 w rated same as the 55's. will this make any handeling difference do you think ?. ive heard conflicting reports about changing to these sizes. thanks.
Hmmm,215/60-16,it is oversize,furthermore,yours is a 1.8 model,put more 'stress' to the engine[higher fuel comsumption],stick to 215/55-16 is a better choice,my view...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the replies. x tester my speedo reads 4 mph slow at 70 so that should take care of that :lol: will have them fitted anyway unless someone can suggest another size i can experiment with ???. also the alloys on my car i have not seen another 75 with the same when i can fathomout how to post a photo i will put a pic on here for your good advice. thanks.brian

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
Bigger tyres will need less turns per mile,i don't understand how bigger tyres will read faster on the speedo.??
It will read the same, he means you will going 2.34mph faster than you were when the speedo rerads 70. So your speedo will be more accurate, over reads less.

Ron

PS Call it 2mph - decimal place accuracy is silly, as no two makes of tyre of the same size have the same rolling circumference anyway!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
It will read the same, he means you will going 2.34mph faster than you were when the speedo rerads 70. So your speedo will be more accurate, over reads less.

Ron

PS Call it 2mph - decimal place accuracy is silly, as no two makes of tyre of the same size have the same rolling circumference anyway!
I did take it from a tyre size calculator hence the 2 decimal places ! ;) Good point though Ron !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts