MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got my ZR I have had to drive with two hands on the steering wheel as the car tends to want to follow any creases in the road! It freaks me out a bit and I can handle it when I have both hands on the wheel.

Is this because of the quality tyres (Dunlop SP9000) which seem to stick to the road like glue or is it down to the stiff suspension and quality handling? I have never experienced this and my old Fiat Brava was a very forgiving car to drive.

Just curious why this is the case and I HOPE this is the case with all ZRs or at least Mk2 as I believe the handling and suspension was changed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It just means you have proper grip of the road surface, i was the same ran a shed on low tyre limits fitted proper tyres and it runs the road via the imperfections.

Normal stuff you will get used to it, much better in the wet as you will find.

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,244 Posts
That sounds about right my MK2 ZR does just that. It sticks to the road like S*** to a blanket but there is a price to pay, it follows tracks and ruts in the roads like a train. I found it not too much of a problem but as has been said it is quite normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts