MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth replacing the tweeters on my mk3 200?
What sort of price to replace them am I looking at?
Cheers
matt

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Most people you speak to have the right general idea, but there's far more to concern yourself with than simply whether a speaker's connections are ok. Existing speakers often have the crossovers/filters built into the speaker in some way, and not all crossover points are suitable for all speakers. It is certainly possible to swap existing tweets for aftermarket ones, without doing anything else, but it's not advisable unless you understand the science of what you're doing.

HTH

Mark

·
Registered
307 Posts
not trying to imply anything here- but are you sure you actually have tweeters in your car? A lot of the 200/25/zr's don't, and i remember a question on here a few months ago, a guy was asking why he couldn't here any sound from the small tweeter grille! It all became clear when he took the door card off!

·
Registered
190 Posts
dont think there is any on mine :sad2: well i cant hear any thing from them if there is, will soon find out tho gona amp my front speakers up and c what happens, also put some in if i havent :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Joe_g

I say save up your dollaz and ice up the car all in 1 go, its a pain in the ar5e to have to rip apart your ride every few weeks, even if you gradually buy you ice over a few months then fit it once you have it all,

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
joe_g_uk said:
I say save up your dollaz and ice up the car all in 1 go, its a pain in the ar5e to have to rip apart your ride every few weeks, even if you gradually buy you ice over a few months then fit it once you have it all,
thats what I did :)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I say, if you can't afford to do the whole whack at once, its possibly actually more fun to do it in stages.
Once I got into it, I loved doing the ripping the car apart and stuff, it's all good fun!

That being said though, there are some rules. For example, you shouldn't half-finish an individual stage while you wait for more money, i.e. fit new front speakers and have to wait to buy the amp for them. Do the whole lot in one go.

Same for sub/amp and other bits and bobs.

I did it a different way :D
I did the whole lot at once, and then 2 weeks later got bored so re-did half of it with some extra bits :)

Beware - ICE is a terminal disease (until your money runs out!)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
geeza76 said:
Mark = the king of unfinished business :lol:
Ain't that the truth mate, lol

hows the vulva coming along mate?
Well, it's not unfinished... but only because I haven't started it yet, lol.

Unfortunately I have other priorities at the moment, but still gotta decide what amps to run, save the money for 'em, get a load of install sundries (wiring/deadening/etc..) and the like.

This isn't going to be a weekend job :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts