MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well.. decided to give my motor it's annual polish and found an old bottle of 'green' turtle wax.. must say i was well impressed with the finish... more pics to follow...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure if this will work.. i seem to have problems getting my pics down to 100kb.. oh well.. try again...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Lovely reflection shot there.

Easiest way is to upload your photos to Photobucket, and then link them here. Wrap tags around them too. Have a look here for help: [url]http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=32496[/url]

Rich.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You know what...this is pure coincidence!! I nearly made a post last night on the exact same topic.

When i got my F about 1 month ago, I spent £60 on Maguiers products. Last night gave it a quick wash with water and fairy liquid and then a polish with parents turtle wax (£3 a bottle (label still on bottle!!)) Was well impressed, i am seriously wondering why I spent all that on the maguiers!!

Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
Chris.....I'm not 100% sure but I think using fairy liquid on your car is a bad idea. The reason for this is that it is a different type of detergent to car shampoo. It can cause dullness of the paint as it is formulated differently.

I think because you have only done it once and then polished you should be ok but I wouldn't reccommend doing this again.

Car shampoo all the way...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts