MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
what a guy
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright chaps, I've read on here about turning up the boost 3 whole turns to take it up to 19psi.

Well I tried to do that the other day but noticed that there was not much thread left on the thing you have to unscrew (sorry don't know the name lol).

Was just wondering how I can tell if maybe the previous owner turned up the boost because I don't want to try and it and risk screwing up my car lol.

would a picture help?

cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
stick a pressure guage on the end of the pipe that goes into the electronic controller next to the egr module on the bulkhead..

·
Registered
865 Posts
Benj basically you will find a thin pipe which runs from the turbo hosing to where the bit is that the threaded part attaches to. Now get yourself a boost gauge and using the correct tee piece plumb it into that line. standard reading should be about 14 psi. Dont be surprised if it is that as i expected mine to be running higher boost as it was the same as you described but it was not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi just did this to mine but still have a lot off tread left about 2mm have i turned it enough ? do not want to kill engine

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
You need a boost gauge or at the very least a volt meter to find out what boost you are running. 3 turns on one car maybe too little whilst 3 turns on another may be too much. It won't instantly kill your engine as the ECU will cut the fuelling if the boost is too high.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Just as an aside to the multimeter method..

I found the other day that, you dont need to connet anything to the wires, but if you are gentle you can convince the multimeter into the back of the connector (bottom one iirc)... you just then have to bodge a contact on your wire extension to the multimeter inside the car.

didn't want to faf around with scotchlocks or other methods to connect with the wire..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts