MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,I have a rover 416si 97' and i wanna ask if i can add a turbocharger? Have anyone done this? It is possible? Can it damage the engine?And if it is possible how much will it be?
thank you

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
korabetsni said:
hello,I have a rover 416si 97' and i wanna ask if i can add a turbocharger? Have anyone done this? It is possible? Can it damage the engine?And if it is possible how much will it be?
thank you
yes you can add a a turbo,
i have done this before / yes its possible,
ohhhh yeah, it can kill your engine if your not careful,

price, depends on how you get the parts. if you can find a scrapped rover 75 turbo, basically you'll need to rob the manifold, turbo, downpipe, oil feed pipe, oil drain pipe, oil pump, oil filter housing, possibly some turbo and coolent hoses. possibly the intecooler, depends how big it is.

you will need to modify your sump and radiator and the turbo oil drain pipe to fit.

buy a new set of lower compression pistons, as i dont expect the std pistons to last too long, and a few gaskets/bearings.

id also change the std ecu to an emerald aftermarket ecu to control the fuelling and ignition.

iro £3k for new parts, id guess at iro £2k for used bits (as the 75 is still quite new)

Drew

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,762 Posts
WOW, a recoord has been set, a 16 year old thread from the dead!!!!!!!!!

Never understand why people dig up old threads and not only reply but add nothing to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts