MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People
i have a "52" plate 1.4 16v Rover 25 and im looking to feed more speed to my ride !

Can tell me the best way to go about this

im putting an induction kit on it and exhaust but can i put bigger carbs in it or fit mg parts, etc ?

I have also heard about eaton superchargers are they any good what other companies make superchargers? and how much should i be looking to spend on one ??

Cheers for any help

DrD9

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
First point, your car hasn't got carbs mate ;)

Fit a 52mm TB if yours hasn't got one to start with. A supercharger is a massive undertaking on the K-Series. I'm sure that the conversion is around the £3,500 mark, and I know Mynheer's 1.4 K Supercharged used to need an engine rebuild every 10-12k. But if that's not gonna put you off, Eaton are a very good make.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Read my spec at the bottom. mine was 84 bhp standard, but its goin on the rolling road soon so ill tell you the out come of my mods then.

·
Banned
179 Posts
AndyC said:

Fit a 52mm TB if yours hasn't got one to start with. A supercharger is a massive undertaking on the K-Series. I'm sure that the conversion is around the £3,500 mark, and I know Mynheer's 1.4 K Supercharged used to need an engine rebuild every 10-12k. But if that's not gonna put you off, Eaton are a very good make.
Spoke to Andy and Chris Mynheer about the eaton S/charger a while ago and they don't do it anymore!

Got told they just want to do kits and custom work cos thats where the big bucks are!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello, I'm new to tuning and searching for parts, so would you kindly tell me the sites I should be searching in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts