MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive been trying to sell my vi for about a month now and havent had any viewers, only 2 phone calls which lead to nowt, ive had it on pistonheads, autotrader and ebay to name but a few and im starting to get fed up with it, just wondering if anyone else has has trouble selling their rovers? and how long it took for a buyer to show up?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 200vi 1997 r plate with 72k on the clock, part service history and well maintained, and has alloys (not standard ones) and a janspeed.... i cant believe how little interest there has been on it, its been a fantastic car.

also does anyone else get the scammers who email asking about the car then offer to pay by cheque? they are so annoying, when they ask minimum price i say 8 grand to be wide and they reply with ok i will send 10 grand take 8 and give 2 to my shipper... whas that all about?

sorry rant over

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i told them i would wait 7 days for it to clear, but by this point they know they arent getting anything from you and dissappear into cyber space..

·
Registered
118 Posts
aaah ok. how much u looking for for ur VI...just checked ebay some guy is pretty ambitious asking £1,700 for his.... which i think is a bit high. i payed 800 for mine last yer 98 R reg VI with 74k on clock. unfortunately didnt have the half leather seats.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i started advertising at 1450 last month in the hope i would get a grand, but ive had to relist it at 1150 this week in the hope for 900, which a believe is a very reasonable price as its in great condition, i had it on ebay bidding starting at 900, finished with 700+ views 7 watchers and no bids!! 800 for a vi sounds like a bargain btw..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think alot of people that dont know anything about cars (99%) try to stay away form rover, becasue it went bust the car is now ****! Wrong! which means when you go to sell it, you get stuipid money. my frend has just sold a 214 and only got 500 and it had only done 62k

·
Registered
118 Posts
i agree, everyone laughs at rovers. can b a tad embarassing but thn im like what car do u have and i know y i bought my rovr, because i have the VI and its as someone said on here a "wolf in sheeps clothing" friend of mine has a bmw 1.8 told him many times id ruin him in a short sprint but he always laughs one day i might show him. but till then i just stay quietly confident. dont thnk may ppl have heard of VI's and if they see a brm they think it a car been stuiy done (must admit saw one fe years bak and that was my impressin till i knew someone who had one and ut th boot down...SHOOOOCK)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha i was exactly the same as you mate, i remember saying "my ibiza gti will rip your vi" 2 weeks later i bought a vi.. if only more people knew about them, my phone would be ringing off the hook.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts