MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 ZT 190+ has a problem with the Trip Computer. Every now and then the display will corrupt and the text gets all squashed up and is slightly to the right of centre. It seems to correct itself after the car has been switched off for a few minutes. Also, and I think this could be related, the Air Bag Warning Light and symbol in the Trip Computer area comes on, only for a second or two though, but not all the time.

The other odd thing which happened yesterday was the Range mode was showing 1120 miles when the fuel warning light came on. If only that were true!

Anyone seen this before? I'll post some pics soon of the corrupt text display.

Cheers,

John...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I have had the wonderful but unbelievable range figures before.

HAppens when I am a bit quick with the ingnition key.

Car does not start on first attempt
Re try quickly
Car starts but range goes weird.

Cure - put a bit more fuel in the tank - everything back to normal.

I think the usual cure for a general misbehaviour of the OBC (trip computer) is disconnect the car battery for about 10 minutes and then reconnect.

Has the same effecr as switching a windows computer off when its get itself in a mess and then rebooting.

Make sure you power down the sat nav properly (if you have it) and you have the Radio code before disconnecting battery.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Agree with David re disconnecting the battery. At least try this first.

Regarding the airbag warning light - if this becomes regular, check the connectors under the front seats as it's a known problem. Do a search as there's loads of info on the forum regarding this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts