MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so under the light is the BMC CDA :slap:

today i got my bmc cda (70-130 model) which is specified for the zr 1.4
it arrived frsh from the site we all love the most :rotflmao:ebay!!

i got it on the cheep , i payed 40quid for it virtually new as the guy spelt BMC wrong he spelt BCM CARBRON air filter :s2h: so got me a bargain.

couldnt wait to get home from work to bolt her on and let it rip.
it took me a good quater of an hour to find out how to attach it all and fit the cold air feed and all that nonsense. but for those wanting one or got one , i found the best way to fit it was to jubelee clip it to the top 90degree rubber feed that attaches to the throttle body which was a perfect fit. then it fit snuggly into the bay where the airbox used to sit, then i used alloy ducting to attach it to the existing cold air feed that used to go to the air box. i could not find a way to remove this huge box from behind the light the last time i tried out a cold air feed( any one know how to do that).

perfect i started her up and the thing with these is not to loud like a open cone not to quiet like a standard box.

i took it down the street easy to get to the quietest road ,so i could give it some. the second i hit the throttle i felt a huge difference it accelerated so freely up the rev counter. the pull on her felt so much better and its speedo was just going for it.

the CDA works in conjunction with my backbox so well. the car felt so much more responsive and more torquey it felt like i imagined what getting it chipped would.

so there we have it tried and tested BMC CDA i love it and i recomend them highly

p.s they arent meant to be on road cars either says on it NOT FOR USE ON PUBLIC HIGWAYS or something:devil:

hope you all enjoy the read.:bgrin:

edit: wil be adding pictures soon to show all :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had one on my Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 petrol.

It made the already great sounding Alfa engine sound even sexier but there wasnt really any noticeable power gains.... more of a placebo effect from the noise it makes you think your going faster

Just like the chavs with there stupid exhaust that rattle houses at 10 mph :D

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
BMC CDA's are a nice bit of kit. I have the larger version and gives a nice tone when accelerating.
That warning is just to cover themselves in the event that some joe bloggs who doesn't have a clue incorrectly fits it to his car and fubars it. I.E. sucks water or debris into the engine as it's intended for track use where you would expect it to be fitted by someone who knows what they are doing. It will also be because the system generates a louder noise than the normal system and likely would be subject to noise testing regs if it was designed for public roads.

As long as you inform your insurance you have modified the air intake you will be fine.

I have been running my BMC for 3 years without any problems.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope insurance is not void insured for any non standard air filters thanks the bit on the side is like what ashy said it just makes ya feel race trakky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts