MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Toyo Proxes4 are out on Ebay, but i'm not sure which ones to get. Does anyone have any experience with these or are they a bit too new?

I have a choice between the Proxe4 and the T1R's.

I like the look of the T1R's tread pattern more than the new Proxes4 design, but the new ones sound a better all round tyre.

Any advice...

Proxes4
T1R

Ignore the price's as i think i can get them slightly cheaper anyway :)

P.S
I've posted this on the 25/zr forum too but some people don't venture to that part of the site

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Deano, i'm still not sure what i'm going to do, as i said i like the look of the T1-R's but the Proxes4' are on offer so they are cheaper atm!

Chris, they are for my ZR so 205 45 17's are required, which they have in stock. Actually i could fit them to the MGF as well as i have 17's on that. hmmm. Possibly T1-R's on the ZR and Proxes4 on the MGF?

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
I spoke to the tech Manager at TOYO - Proxes4 are not for sporty people, they are classified as "show" tyres suited for chavs and barry boys.

Look on toto.co.uk, get his number and give hime a ring if you want to get confirmation.

Obviously, his language was a bit more discrete than mine.

If you have a technical enquiry which is not covered by the information on this website, please contact our Technical Engineer, Alan Meaker at [email protected] or telephone our HQ using 0800 033044 .

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
defo the toyo route. If any problems getting them, phone Alan Meaker who will check the master stock and get some moved to you.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
dunlop sp9000's are better....... but i fear starting a tyre war. :lol:
Any chance that a thread could actually stay on topic beyond a first post from a mod?

Normally it's [email protected] who drags it ot and deano who trys to get it back :tic:

The question was Proxes4 or T1-R, both tyres produced by TOYO. I'm not sure the sp9000 is in the TOYO catalogue.

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Any chance that a thread could actually stay on topic beyond a first post from a mod?

Normally it's [email protected] who drags it ot and deano who trys to get it back :tic:

The question was Proxes4 or T1-R, both tyres produced by TOYO. I'm not sure the sp9000 is in the TOYO catalogue.
:lol::lol::lol:
i dont even need to look who has written these kind of posts, i know they are sprinter's every time.

this is a compliment, although it does sound a bit negative....;)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I have T1R's also and think they're great, re price that is not bad and if you can get cheaper great, don't like the look of the tread on the others though, Dave

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you have the T1-S' then or the T1-R's?

I've just paid £260 delivered for the T1-R's as it wasn't the best price, but they had them in stock and will be delivered today or tomorrow.

I tried mytyres first but they quoted me £317.00 delivered.

Actually, i've just realised that you will have 16" rims while i'm after 17"s...

Just answered my own post! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts