MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Toyo Proxes4 are out on Ebay, but i'm not sure which ones to get. Does anyone have any experience with these or are they a bit too new?

I have a choice between the Proxe4 and the T1R's.

I like the look of the T1R's tread pattern more than the new Proxes4 design, but the new ones sound a better all round tyre.

Any advice...

Proxes4
T1R

Ignore the price's as i think i can get them slightly cheaper anyway :)

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
I was looking at both too, but eventually decided on the T1R as it had more reviews and a better write up.
Got all 4 and boy was I not disappointed. I can honestly say these are the best tyres I've ever had on the car and I've always had good tyres.
These knock spots off any of them and well worth the £220 I paid for them. The grip in the dry and the wet is unreal and the turning performance is also much better.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
I wish I had a car with proper tyres sizes rather than these "no sports tyres in that size Sir" 185/65R14 H's

I would so have the T1-R Toyos.

·
Registered
714 Posts
T1Rs all the way for me! Ive had Toyo 888s on my JDM Honda too and still think the T1Rs were better!!!

As Ashy said, the performance of these tyres in wet and dry is phenomenal and the stickiness of them on hot roads is just brilliant :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts