MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
using my dads mg zt 190 to tow my caravan to the new forest at the weekend! only light caravan (950KGS) loaded what sort of mpg can i expect? does anyone know? normally get 30mpg on a fast run!

·
Registered
709 Posts
I tow a 1300kg with a 1.8T Tourer and it drops from 29/30 to 19/24ish:err:

Depends how much she loads into the wardrobe!

Chris

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I never get 30MPG out of my 190 unless it is a pure Motorway run!

With a shed attached it might be interesting as one reason the 190 is so bad on fuel is because 5th gear is very low but that might work to your advantage when towing. Still very low 20's are likely

·
Registered
mg_zs
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just thought i would report back! managed 27mpg towing 200 motorway miles with 4 adults an the caravan fully loaded! not bad at all!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
just been to cheltenham 84miles mainly motorway with my van on back got 23.6 mpg left it down there came back 36.2 avg 50mph
Rover 75 2.0v6 got to goand fetch it friday so will do another test there and back weather should be better as it was p***ing it down coming back

·
Registered
mg_zs
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with towing (as with all driving) its just about using the correct gear! there is no point putting your foot flat to the floor in fifth to get up a hill, knock it down in the forth and you hardly have to put your foot down!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts