MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Picked up my ZT on friday.

Shes a 2001 ZT 160 and im very pleased with it.

Its currently in getting an lpg conversion and im looking to fit a towbar.

Would a 75 saloon towbar fit ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-75-TOW-...ryZ10414QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Im also after a small piece of exterior trim that is next to the door handle on the drivers side. Its about 3inches long if that helps ?

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum and post some picies when you get chance.

How much is the gas conversion costing you?

As far as I know the 75 and ZT would use the same towbar.

Check with your local Xpart dealer re the part or see if there are any ZT's in local scrapyards.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Kev

I had a tow bar fitted to my ZT, and yes a 75 does fit, as always it pays to shop around. I went to a local Tow bar centre,then to a recommended mobile fitter, almost half the price around £110 IIRC

Pete

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the replys.

Seems i have an X-Part dealer in the town i live that i never knew existed.

Im getting my lpg conversion done for £1400.00 by www.ptautogas.com in keighley.

Will shop around for the towbar, cheapest i have been quoted so far is £150 but there are a few on Ebay that are DIY fit for cheaper.

Thanks

·
Banned
cityrover
3,451 Posts
Just check that the Ebay ones come with the relays or the genuine Rover wiring loom to allow the electrics to be fitted, they are about £30 to £40 for the relay, and around twice that for the loom. That can make the difference between DIY cost effectiveness and ease of getting someone else to do it. That said, if you do DIY it, fitting is very simple, took me less than an hour for the towbar, although the electrics will take me a couple of hours I reckon, once the rain stops anyway!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,

Picked up my ZT on friday.

Shes a 2001 ZT 160 and im very pleased with it.

Its currently in getting an lpg conversion and im looking to fit a towbar.

Would a 75 saloon towbar fit ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-75-TOW-...ryZ10414QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Im also after a small piece of exterior trim that is next to the door handle on the drivers side. Its about 3inches long if that helps ?

Thanks

Kevin
Hi Kevin

The wife has just has our local garage remove the witter towbar and electrics kit from her new 75.Towbar is in excellent condition and does not look that old.If you are interested in buying email me [email protected]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Towbar electrics blues!!

Hi all!

Just got a Rover 75 CDTi and currently tearing my hair out trying to wire the towbar.

I've got the correct and very expensive Rover wiring kit, but I cannot find the black three pin plug SUPPOSED to be just hanging beside my cars fusebox.

I've managed to find what looks like one of the cables just coiled up, but cannot find the other two! Looks like someones been there before me and got rid of the multiplug... :-(

Could anyone who's currently fitting one of these kits, or has in the past please contact me as soon as possible. Hopefully with some help from a friendy 75/ZT owner could tell me the colour of the cables that I need!!!

I would appreciate some help, the cars in bits on the drive right now, and I'm going to have to put it back together soon!!

If you need to, please pm me with your number, and I can give you a call!!!

James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts