MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Take a look at this pic is it correct that you can have glass and tailgate open together?

I thought there was an interlock to prevent it, i.e does this one have a fault?

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
96 Posts
Keith Alexander said:
Take a look at this pic is it correct that you can have glass and tailgate open together?

I thought there was an interlock to prevent it, i.e does this one have a fault?
Mine does the same dont know if this rigth or wrong

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you wind this page right to the bottom and read the piece on the tourer, which has been AFAIK from the press release pack verbatim, it says that the glass and tailgate cannot be open together.

I quote:

"One of its most attractive features is the ‘double hatch’ arrangement, whereby the tailgate glass can be opened independently of the tailgate. This allows easy access for smaller loads (up to a metre in width and 250 mm height) that do not require the full tailgate aperture, or else access to items in the upper loadspace when loaded above the glass line. A further advantage is that the opening arc of the glass is entirely within the plan area of the car – it can be fully opened when there is little or no clearance behind the car, as when backed right up to a garage wall or another vehicle. (The full tailgate requires the normal clearance of 400mm behind the bumper line to swing open). To avoid potential conflicts with the roof panel, there is an interlock arrangement, which prevents the tailgate from opening if the glass is already open (and vice versa)".

In common with you two gents, mine also can be open together (i.e both glass and tailgate).

·
Homologation Engineer
1,107 Posts
No, your tailgate is fine, however, we used to recommend that the owner never open the glass and the tailgate as the glass could hit the roof.

There was no interlock so your car is working fine. My ZT-T is the same.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I thought I had read that somewhere too.

Clearly things seem diiferent in practice, or maybe that was another Testbook option although looking at the picture I can see no practical reason why

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rincewind said:
we used to recommend that the owner never open the glass and the tailgate as the glass could hit the roof.
same.
Thanks the car is not mine btw just something I noticed on Ebay
I am toying with getting a Tourer as well as my Saloon!
Can the glass hit the roof? I was assuming it was fully open in that picture

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've just checked this operation on my very late ZTT. No Interlock to prevent both door and window opening together. The vehicle has roof rails, however with the door fully open and the window on the full extent of the struts there is no chance of them touching the roof / roof bars. It would certainly be another story if the roof were loaded!
HTH
Regards. Martin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts