MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've a 52 plate MGTF which I'd love to drive more, but certain things are annoying me;

1) I car always seems unstable. I've Falken tires fitted front and back, inflated to the correct levels on 16 inch rims and still when I hit 50 mph it doesn't feel planted and I get an occasional wobble. New tires again as I've heard some Falken batches were bad?
2) Hood needs replacing. I purchased a new hood with a glass window, but can't find anyone local to me (Swindon) to fit it. No idea why its so tricky, and its getting urgent!
3) Battery seems to drain over time. Purchased two new batteries over the last five years. No idea what is draining it.

Can help with these two niggling issues? We've all free time at home at the moment, so ideal time to get looking at it!

Many thanks

·
Registered
mg_tf
33 Posts
The battery on my 2004 seems to drain also over time, I think it must be down to the alarm but can’t say for sure. I now no longer lock the car and battery is fine. Not much help to finding a solution but somewhere to start.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,917 Posts
Battery drain issues are often found to be the ECU not shutting down correctly after a period of time and draining the battery.

·
Registered
mg_tf
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips.

Is anyone knows of anyone/company local to swindon who could fit a roof, I'd be interested as well.

·
Premium Member
mgf
178 Posts
The alarm system is always on. My MGF and my TF 160 will flatten a battery in 2 weeks. I plug in a CTec trickle charger on each car if I am not going to drive them. The charger is much cheaper than a new battery, Most newish cars are parasitic. You can turn off the battery with an isolation switch but that also turns off your alarm system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts