Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/2006/june/07/10218.asp

Top 3 (MAI 2006):

Focus: 14,000
Astra: 9248
Fiesta: 8168

Fourth is the Golf and fifth is the Corsa. Rounding off the top ten are the Megane, the Mondeo, the Vectra, the Zafira and the Clio.

"Fiat once again posted strong growth, thanks to the new Grande Punto lifting their year-to-date performance. Other manufacturers showing growth include Jeep, Lexus and Ssangyong, which has seen a 90% increase in registrations this year, although its figures are smaller in comparison with other car makers. Alfa Romeo had another bad month, dropping more than 23% in May and more than 33% this year."

Nice to see the Grande Punto doing well, It's a beautiful supermini!

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
great new for fiat, and the alfa news was expexted, with the new 159 and brera just launched and are only now starting to be delivered to customers, it should pick up soon

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
AndBurG said:
great new for fiat, and the alfa news was expexted, with the new 159 and brera just launched and are only now starting to be delivered to customers, it should pick up soon
i drove past a red brera this morning, it was lush, infact i sat behind it for a bit to take a closer look!

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Well, the Zafira ain't a bad car, although it certainly isn't an enthusiasts car.

Jeremy Clarkson has a good definition for drivers:

Drivers are people who love driving
Motorists are people who drive in order to get from A to B

The vast majority of people in this green and pleasant are motorists. The kind of people who think Vectras are okay. That is why most cars today focus on practicality rather than driving pleasure - they're pandering to the demands of the many.

Companies who pander to the demands of the few - like Alfa Romeo and MG - struggle.

So the motorist in me says the Zafira is absolutely fantastic. I can take the extended family - me, the misses, the two kids, granny and granddad - down to the seaside for the day, where we'll have an absolutely great time together. And the same car will also allow me to clear out the garage and take all the rubbish down to the dump in one trip.

The driver in me won't be that impressed, but hey - he doesn't get out much nowadays anyway.

And that is why cars like the Zafira sell well. They allow me to go and do great things.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
CitroenC4 said:
http://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/2006/june/07/10218.asp

Top 3 (MAI 2006):

Focus: 14,000
Astra: 9248
Fiesta: 8168

Fourth is the Golf and fifth is the Corsa. Rounding off the top ten are the Megane, the Mondeo, the Vectra, the Zafira and the Clio.

"Fiat once again posted strong growth, thanks to the new Grande Punto lifting their year-to-date performance. Other manufacturers showing growth include Jeep, Lexus and Ssangyong, which has seen a 90% increase in registrations this year, although its figures are smaller in comparison with other car makers. Alfa Romeo had another bad month, dropping more than 23% in May and more than 33% this year."

Nice to see the Grande Punto doing well, It's a beautiful supermini!

My god I don't believe it, C4 I agree with you for once! Your still a chav though lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MGsales said:
My god I don't believe it, C4 I agree with you for once! Your still a chav though lol
A chav because I drive a C4? come on mate, you can't be serious!

The C4 is one of the most stylish car out there!

But I forgive you, I'm sure you're nice guy after all :p

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
what annoys me time and time again is that the focus figures include the C-MAX, whereas the astra and zafira are listed separately. Vauxhall would be on the verge of taking top spot if this took place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts