MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a tonnaeu cover off ebay which the seller stated it was off a 1996 mgf,now mine is a 1999,tried to fit it today and it is way to small????

so the question is was there a different size tonnaeu cover for pre '99 models?

and if anyone is after a '96 tonnaeu cover i now have one for sale for £40 which is what i paid.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,287 Posts
The 96 one is likely to be a MK1 half-tonneau cover, the version you need has a flap at the back that is trapped by the boot.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Chris T said:
The 96 one is likely to be a MK1 half-tonneau cover, the version you need has a flap at the back that is trapped by the boot.
....and if you want one I just happen to have one for sale. :D

·
Registered
mg_tf
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info,

krisxf although interested,i wouldnt want to steal what someone else has shown an interest in,so will let andie have first dibs ;)
i have my eye on another one on the bay wich is local to me as i really wanted one for the weekend when we go to MGOC in oxfordshire due to the weather reports looking promising :cloud9:

the half leather one i bought is now on ebay if anyone wants it!!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Completely fair points chaps.

To be honest I'm not sure how the lovely Mrs B (oops, forgot she doesn't like that name.) wanted to progress but nevertheless, I wouldn't want to sell it from under her feet so as mentioned, shall wait until I speak to her.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
I didn't want to ruin a sale for you there Kris, but the lovely Andie scolded me for telling you it would fit on your hood fine :)

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
James C said:
I didn't want to ruin a sale for you there Kris, but the lovely Andie scolded me for telling you it would fit on your hood fine :)
Completely understand old bean. T'was my fault for not thinking.

·
Registered
mg_tf
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well give me a shout kris if she declines your sale;) may still be interested if not for me then one of the other guys on mg-forum.org

1 - 9 of 9 Posts