MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wish me luck!!
I'm taking my GF up to edinburgh tonight and tomorrow to stop in a local castle..

gonna pop the question..

only know each other since jan1st!!

absolutely bricking it!!!

wish me luck...

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
You're going to ask her to buy a matching F? Awwww ;)

Seriously though... Hope it goes well :)

Isn't 6 months a bit soon though?

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Good luck!

6 months.. not exactly an eternity, but who cares eh? Life's to short to waste :)

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,285 Posts
So is the question “do you want to borrow the F?”

Oh THAT question.

Good luck hope it goes well!:)

·
Registered
mgf
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah - the question is... fancy sellin that god awful focus you've got and buying a proper car like mine....
???

why?

what question did you guys think I was gonna ask?

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
mtm81 said:
yeah - the question is... fancy sellin that god awful focus you've got and buying a proper car like mine....
???

why?

what question did you guys think I was gonna ask?

:lol: :happy: :rotflmao:

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
to be honest i cant believe you have waited so long? why wait 6 months if her car isnt a mg?!

you could of moved onto someone better within that time.... what if she says no? worse, what if she tells you to get rid of the mg? then what you gona do in a castle all by yourself? hhmmm??

:lol:

·
Registered
mgf
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no really thanks guys I am actually asking THE question tomorrow.. but I am also gonna bring up the "fancy part-exing the skip you call a car with all the aerodynamics of pushing a turd through water, for an MGf/TF darling?" - I think I'll actually ask that one first... a negative and THE question may just have a wait another day, or two, or three............

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
ooo ooo better idea!!! ask if she would like a brand new tf (or whatever you can afford), when she says yes, tell her youll give it to her as your wedding present to her......

queue nice shiney ring (ooo err)

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
I'd rather have an F/TF, than a diamond ring!!

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
mtm81 said:
no really thanks guys I am actually asking THE question tomorrow.. but I am also gonna bring up the "fancy part-exing the skip you call a car with all the aerodynamics of pushing a turd through water, for an MGf/TF darling?" - I think I'll actually ask that one first... a negative and THE question may just have a wait another day, or two, or three............
Hope you both have a great weekend and both get what you hope for.

I popped the question a while back; I was really worried that she might say no; then in 1969 we got married and still are so these things can last.

Good luck.

·
Registered
mgf
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cool Sprinter!!.. FSU - I'm 25 and she's 24.. although she keeps reminding me I'm nearly 26 which is almost 30 to her...

dee? - diamond ring?

you're joking aren't you?? I'm as tight as a duck rear end... (or so I've heard)..

diamon ring?? onion ring maybe....

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
good luck matey. The current Mrs pete popped the question, went something like "theres a 2 weeks for the price of 1 deal to Antigua for newly weds, shall I book it", I apparently said "ok". And that is true, I kid you not ;)

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
petevick said:
good luck matey. The current Mrs pete popped the question, went something like "theres a 2 weeks for the price of 1 deal to Antigua for newly weds, shall I book it", I apparently said "ok". And that is true, I kid you not ;)
Well, you're easy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
lol your mad!! dont do it! haha Good luck mate, my missus keeps asking me when im gonna pop the question, the answer "when hell freezes over" never goes down too well! :)

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Red-Diezel said:
lol your mad!! dont do it! haha Good luck mate, my missus keeps asking me when im gonna pop the question, the answer "when hell freezes over" never goes down too well! :)
I'm 100% with you on this one!!

When mine asks I just say "You've got me tied down to a mortgage for the next 30 years! What more do you want?"

Not a big fan of marriage myself, can think of better ways to lose half of everything I own!

(But anyway, congrats for the weekend, hope it goes well.)

·
Registered
mg_tf
218 Posts
mtm81 said:
I'm 25 and she's 24
This would suggest that you both have enough 'experience' to know if things are right and I wish you all the best.

Hint !! - if you need to make up numbers for the big day - I bet there's a few for us that would fancy a jaunt out to Darlington

1 - 20 of 98 Posts