MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now of course R40 has to be well presented on Sunday so amongst other things I bought one of these clay bars and 'quick detailer' spray. Yesterday afternoon I take the clay bar and spray to the car and begin the job of removing surface contaminants to create a mirror finish, followed by a good dose of Zymol wax :)

All well and good you say. Well it would have been except that instead of picking up the aforesaid detailer spray I instead picked up and used a spray of Turtle Wax tyre cleaner :eek:mg: :(

Went to the car this morning and it looked like somebody had covered it in a dull sticky mess.............I was very sad :sad2:

I think I am getting absent minded !!

Anyway all's well that ends well-today I took R40 to my favourite valeter who laughed a lot then got his guys to polish the whole car and get rid of the sticky mess.

Word of advice-might be best ignoring what I say on here until I can find my lost brain :lol:

Be gentle now.............................;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Don't wurry Mike, I have senior moments occasionally and i'm only 37.
Just sit down and have a cup of nice Tea!
Kindest regards
Chris

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
That was brave of you to own up in public Mike :lol:
I would definitely have kept my gob shut forever. :O
There's no fool etc etc etc................
I see Ken hasn't logged on today yet:rotflmao: can't wait :)

Regards

MM

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Polishing

Hey Mike, It's a competition for the best cared for car. Never know yours would have stood out from all the others.
By the way, waiting for quote from the 'stamping works' am sure you will know what I mean. Hope to have some news when I see you on Sunday

·
Registered
481 Posts
Is it the same feeling that I got when I realized I had picked up wd40 instead of brake cleaner when giving my brakes a spring clean.......New pads please:irked:

Out of interest what are clay blocks like to use ? Where did you get it from ?
And of course did it bring the finish up well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
[

Word of advice-might be best ignoring what I say on here until I can find my lost brain :lol:

Be gentle now.............................;)[/quote]

Mike you should try some vitamin B12.... apparently it helps prevent early scenile dekay.... it happen to us all at some point!! LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts