MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after the wettest May since 1983 theres one thing I never thought I'd be saying now that I'm home from todays meet.

My sunburn is killing me! :bgrin2::

Many thanks to all the organisers of todays event - well organised, excellent venue, superb weather - here's to the next one.

Thanks guys! :URGOD:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Thanks everyone for a great day, the sun was out (thanks Ken!) lots of nice people and nice cars .... and the winners were ....

I've got tonnes more pictures as I know many others have, we will start a thread for pictures from Beaulieu next.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Big thanks to all who organised today, was a great gathering at a great location. Thought mine was in ok condition but was put in the shade by some absolutely stunning examples of pampered metal.

My son kept me busy in the attractions but I did meet a few of you.

Simon

·
Registered
358 Posts
Big thanks to all organised the meet and to all that made the effort to attend. The weather was just about perfect and there happened to be a lot of very fine vehicles turned out.

Now suffering sun burn. It wasn't that sunny was it??? SHMBO has gone a nice brown colour - I'm a reddish colour!!

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I would like to say a big thank you to all that organised today - it was a fantastic day. Sadly, I am suffering from the ole Sunburn this evening. I'm sure a few glasses, will numb the pain.

Today, we were asked to vote on one car to be the best - that was mighty difficult. So now that I am home, and able to reflect on the day, I thought I would share what made it a fantastic day for me.

The Arena at Beaulieu was a perfect size - I don't think it could have been better. It was fantastic to meet some new people - in particular Monkeysarm and his friend. Martin is being brave enough to lend his 75 to his friend for 10 months whilst he travels the world. I think we all need to keep an eye on his 75 whilst he is away!

As always, it was great to see MikeM again - his 75 looks stunning and is a real credit to him.

It was great to see Luciano and Juergen again - and this time joined by our other European friends. Sadly I don't remember all of your names. Herman I do remember because of his funny phrase that he said in order to remind me - Herman the German.

It was also nice to see JohnRobins' 75 Tourer in Monogram Lagoon again. In my opinion, it is a truly fantastic car, in a fantastic colour. I would have liked to have owned a Saloon in that colour and specification. The car is a real credit to you John.

As always, Alex30013k always makes a great effort to entertain us and always comes up with new ways to show us something new. His 75 with the new V8 grille on it looks truly amazing and is a real credit to him. He really deserved to win the award that he did today. What is even better that he is one of the youngest members of the club, and as he pointed out to me earlier, his car is one of the oldest - it certainly doesn't look it, does it? Well done Alex.

The 75/ZT club is all about sharing knowledge and information - helping out others when there are problems. A perfect example of that was with Dave (Dr Dave), helping to free a stuck bonnet. Well done to Dr Dave for sorting that problem out.

I think what makes the day more fantastic is meeting such great people. People like Chris (Rovernut), and Dave (DLN). I've met these guys many times now and it is always a pleasure (We had several 75/ZT meets before the club was officially launched and it was always a pleasure).

Thanks again to Ken, Christopher and Mike for all the organisation for today. The credit for today should also be shared between all of you guys that attended today - you are what makes the day a success. Long may the 75 and ZT club meet and be successful.

Thank you.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Superb day - my face looks like a beetroot lit up by a solar flare! (was it THAT sunny today??)
Fantastic turnout of some cracking cars - I especially liked the Aurora Estate of Express Valeter - made even his V8 look a bit tame (if that is possible)
Amazed by the people who appeared from places afar - Scotland, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium & (again) Italy! Puts my trip from Portchester (near Portsmouth) a little bit in the shade (somewhere that I should have been a little more often judging by my sore ears & face!)
Thanks again to all the organisers - Mike, Chris Ken and anone else that I have missed.
See ya all in Yorkshire!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Great day... Had a brilliant time and enjoyed every mile i drove in my ZED to get there and back...

Thanks to all involved in making it possible * applauds *

G

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi All,

I shall be making you all aware of James' new MG-Rover.org username so you can keep an eye on him whilst I am travelling the globe.

I expect a full report!

Was so nice to meet all the new people on sunday, the weather made it much easier to stand and chat with people!

Thanks to all involved again, and I will see you all in just over 10 months (off on friday)

Martin

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
monkeysarm said:
Hi All,

I shall be making you all aware of James' new MG-Rover.org username so you can keep an eye on him whilst I am travelling the globe.

I expect a full report!

Was so nice to meet all the new people on sunday, the weather made it much easier to stand and chat with people!

Thanks to all involved again, and I will see you all in just over 10 months (off on friday)

Martin
Martin

Have a good one mate, take care

Ken

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
monkeysarm said:
Hi All,

I expect a full report!

Martin
We do expect postcards from every country. Oh and just in advance - Happy Christmas, and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
358 Posts
A little thank you for Actros for producing the excellent club window stickers being passed out at the meet. Makes us more a "proper car club", now we can advertise the fact in our vehicles.

Thanks to 7t5 and the European club for donating the raffle prizes. My daughter drew the raffle tickets with the innocence and impartiality that only a two year old can.

See you next time ladies and gents.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts