MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the difference between and standard automatic and a tiptronic gearbox.Looking at some cars with tiptrnic gearboxes and was wondering what are tehy like?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
tiptronic means you control the gearchanges, full auto means you dont. older tiptronic systems are slow and infuriating , im guessing you're looking at an FTO??

andy

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it will be alot differnt from my 1.6 200 to a 2.5 lol.Ill probaly go with the manuel but i just wanted to check what a tiptronic was.Cheers for that. My insurance will go up a grand as im only 20.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Here's another question, why a boxster?
I know they are fantastic cars, but is there nothing else that makes you go "Ooooooooo" a bit more?
Who is paying for this then? Not many 20 year olds can afford the car or the insurance....

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im paying for it, unless you want to? lol. Well ive got a few years no claims and pass plus and aswell as doing an advanced driving course which helped alittle. Ive always liked the boxster and ive alwyas wanted one.What else could make me smile for 15k?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
tommo86 said:
Im paying for it, unless you want to? lol. Well ive got a few years no claims and pass plus and aswell as doing an advanced driving course which helped alittle. Ive always liked the boxster and ive alwyas wanted one.What else could make me smile for 15k?
Are you yanking my huge chain!??! For 15k on the used market, there is a plethora of options.
Z4's, S2000's, MGTF (half of that 15k buying it, the other half fixing the bugger!)....all sorts, im going to keep my mind on it and if i come up with anything im going to post it.
Ive no doubt you will love the car, Its just for 15k at 20 you should take advantage of being able to drive something a bit more in-yer-face without looking like your having a mid-life crisis.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mid life crisis??? lol well i dont like bmw or honda's so thats them out of the question. Will i look like a prat in a boxster? is that what your saying?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
if you dont like the honda take the boxter, i would, and it wont make you look a prat, just make u look like you're spending daddys money

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
tommo86 said:
mid life crisis??? lol well i dont like bmw or honda's so thats them out of the question. Will i look like a prat in a boxster? is that what your saying?
Im not saying that, but possibly!
I know its stupid to say "all people that drive XXX are ******s/devoid of imagination", but the boxter is sort of a default choice.
Anyone that looks at you in it will say "He must be 45" or if they see your face, they will say "look taht guy is borrowing his 45 year old dads car"

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol, my dads retired so i think not but i understand what you mean.Well it wont be for another 2 months yet but ill ;et you know what i get in the end.

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
get the boxter, who cares what people think, end of the day its your money, its going to hold its value really well and it'll make you happy!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
tommo86 said:
lol, my dads retired so i think not but i understand what you mean.Well it wont be for another 2 months yet but ill ;et you know what i get in the end.
Good good, but at the end of the day, its your car, your money, your reputation, just get whatever the hell takes your fancy. Doesnt really matter what i think, and its up to you whether you care what other people think of the car (by which i mean impressing girls and making your mates jelous) just make sure you enjoy it, few people your age will ever have the agony of this choice!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Few people can save like i can lol.Well im torn between an elise or a boxster.Suprisingly the elise is alot more onthe insurance even tho it has a smaller engine and less bhp.Weird

1 - 20 of 25 Posts