MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about buying a rover estae 1.6 with the honda engine which can only be a good thing as the engine has been totaly recondisioned any tips?

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Yes. Lower the rear seats before attempting to insert a surfboard.

Tips on what exactly? It's a Mk2 with a conservatory bolted to the back. Same rules apply as any other Mk2. If it has a tow bar, it will have driven to Ilfracombe and back 40,000 times with a HyperStarRaider 2-berth caravan on the back. Apart from the usual considerations, you'll have to worry about retribution from people who were stuck behind it on the A23 at some point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bffp

ive never had one with a honda engine before.Just wondering if theres any little mods to help it go a little quicker

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Ah, sorry. Was looking at it from the point of view of "I'm buying an older car - what will be worng with it?"

I won't ask why you want to make an estate faster (and so a little less reliable) but in any case I have never owned a Honda-engined motor.

(Start with exhaust and induction, mate. Then stop there. Seriously.)

So I'm not really much help here but at least this thread is still near the top, eh?

Good luck!

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
There you are - an excellent piece of modding. :)

Wouldn't have got an answer if it hadn't been brought back to the top with the question clarified.

Not sure I actually answered the question though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts