MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I have searched for a part number of the un restricted throttle cable however i have not found one; the cable for a ZR160 looks like a safe bet, i have asked a local garage to find the price of a ZR 105 cable. I have searched on here but find conficting data...

Anyone got a Part number that they can verify?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting the cable ordered in today, will have it fitted tomorrow and i will post the part number up then too.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The garage didnt change my cable as when the mech looked at it he just 'adjusted' the original cable to work correctly saving me loads! however i got the part number off them;

Part number / model number
SBB000180

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
"Adjusted" it...why do I get the feeling that involves some extra cable and a fruit pastel to hold it all together? There's a fair bit of difference between the two to be honest..I'd make sure the throttle really does open fully, and close fully, and keep the documents for the work you had done handy.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Adjusted" it...why do I get the feeling that involves some extra cable and a fruit pastel to hold it all together? There's a fair bit of difference between the two to be honest..I'd make sure the throttle really does open fully, and close fully, and keep the documents for the work you had done handy.
Yes ill keep them handy but i check with the mech as he showed me and it opens and closes fully car settles down to 750rpm at idol, he told me that hes done them before and there are two roots to take on the throttle bodies, he took the shorter which makes the cable actually too long. I must say the throttles nice and responsive now. I'll see what happens i might pack some things into the car to get me out of problems if the new bar thingy on the cable brakes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts