MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
instead of replacing my existing throttle body with a 52mm one can i take oput my original have it machined so it will be bigger and have the spindle inside changed? this is just so that i wouldnt have to tell the insurance as the part number would still be the same? just wondering if this would work?

john

·
Registered
11,225 Posts
No, there would not be enough spare material in the 48mm TB to allow it to be machined out, and the machining cost would probably be more than the cost of a 52mm TB anyway> Plus you would need to get hold off a 52mm throttle butterfly, and the only place you will find one of them is inside a 52mm TB, so you would be better just getting a 52mm TB :lol:
If it was possible, you would still have to tell your insurance though, as it would still be a modification, the part number on it is irrelevant and just because it can't easily be seen doesn't mean you can get away wthout telling them. :eyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.