MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so its been out a while. Interested to know other peoples opinion of it (compared to the others in the series)

Only played a few SP missions and have played a bit online so not enough to form a complete opinion, however... I have enjoyed it but feel its lacking in some departments.

Map Design is a biggy! I just don't really like them. Also, where are the big maps, they all seem alot smaller!

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
I love it!

On my 4th Prestige at the moment.

I LOVE the map designs, they are far better than the previous ones to me, better highs and lows and just better all round environments for me.

As for big maps, they have never really been "big" in the CoD series, if you want big then that's what battlefield is for! haha

Personally I like this CoD to all the rest, just has a tighter feel, and not too many idiots glitching about taking advantage.

You get the odd idiot points boosting in Kill Confirmed, but just kill the idiots over and over and they will ether stop or leave haha

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mean massive, just they don't have much individuality. Hardhat is one of my least favourites.

Liking survival but only played 1 game of it with my mate. Liking Kill Confirmed its good fun, certainly a good addition.

I seem to be in the minority that uses a 3 Round burst AR. I just prefer them, but I constantly seem to get annihilated by guys using Fully-Auto and just spraying down their sites. So frustrating! :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
I don't mean massive, just they don't have much individuality. Hardhat is one of my least favourites.

Liking survival but only played 1 game of it with my mate. Liking Kill Confirmed its good fun, certainly a good addition.

I seem to be in the minority that uses a 3 Round burst AR. I just prefer them, but I constantly seem to get annihilated by guys using Fully-Auto and just spraying down their sites. So frustrating! :lol:

Well the bigger maps in MW3 are a decent size, its just that they are full of buildings/objects which I would say makes them seem alot smaller than they really are.

Im constantly on Kill Confirmed, love how it draws out campers etc
You still get a few, but not as many as normal deathmatch/team deathmatch.

Loving Ricochet on Hardcore too, stops idiots shooting/blinding/stunning their own team!

Bit crap when the idiots are stood near your bouncing betty's/claymore's and they go off which causes YOU to die, but you get use to it haha

Currently loving the P90 Submachine gun at the moment, fires QUICK!
But my favorite Assault Riffle is the Type 95!

·
Registered
14,111 Posts
Loved the single player, worth buying it just for that. Played about 20 mins of multiplayer, tbh bored of cod a bit now and its too similar to MW 1+2 to keep me interested. In terms of pure fps skill gameplay cod is still where it is at.

Im playing battlefield atm, there is more to keep me interested, but it is defintely less of a purists fps.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the bigger maps in MW3 are a decent size, its just that they are full of buildings/objects which I would say makes them seem alot smaller than they really are.

Im constantly on Kill Confirmed, love how it draws out campers etc
You still get a few, but not as many as normal deathmatch/team deathmatch.

Loving Ricochet on Hardcore too, stops idiots shooting/blinding/stunning their own team!

Bit crap when the idiots are stood near your bouncing betty's/claymore's and they go off which causes YOU to die, but you get use to it haha

Currently loving the P90 Submachine gun at the moment, fires QUICK!
But my favourite Assault Riffle is the Type 95!
Is the Type 95 3RB, or Fully-Auto? I rarely get time to play often so its a small game here, small game there... Means I haven't unlocked much. Rank 20 I think?

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Is the Type 95 3RB, or Fully-Auto? I rarely get time to play often so its a small game here, small game there... Means I haven't unlocked much. Rank 20 I think?
Its a 3 burst matey :)

I play far too often haha

Will be on allll night tonight and Sat till the early hours of the morning!

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Its a 3 burst matey :)

I play far too often haha

Will be on allll night tonight and Sat till the early hours of the morning!
I still haven't got round to getting it, but now I actually have my evenings back I will probably get back into gaming

·
Registered
rover_25
69 Posts
thats interesting as i was addicted to mw2, used to have great games of S&D and team tact with mates, and always dominated team deathmatch's.

overall i think mw3's abit boring and the maps are to packed with objects and buildings. ive only played onlline play and am quite good but think its full of ****** sometimes. as in sometimes u fire almost a full mag in some1 and they will hit u with two bullets and u die but not sure if people are using lag sitches as well.

dont like the way you get support kill streaks either so you can die through your streak and it continues.

overall in my honest opinion cod 4 great game back in day, MW2 great game and MW3 average/good game.

anyways watch out for the FEAR or GYCH clan lol we always win!!! PEACE:respect:

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Keefo, will have to give ya a game at some point! :lol: Maybe you should be on my team!
Add me if you want matey!

keef01

overall i think mw3's abit boring and the maps are to packed with objects and buildings. ive only played onlline play and am quite good but think its full of ****** sometimes. as in sometimes u fire almost a full mag in some1 and they will hit u with two bullets and u die but not sure if people are using lag sitches as well.

dont like the way you get support kill streaks either so you can die through your streak and it continues.
You do get some lag effects every now and again that do drive me up the wall!
But 99% of the time i have no problem and kill everything that moves! MUAHAHAHAH

Don't mind the support kill streaks ether, as they are not exactly attacking kill streaks so even though they get them when they die, they still arnt that great packages/etc!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good mate, will add you when I get a chance. I rarely get time to play online (Missus fault! lol), but when I am. I look forward to a game. Im not great, but Im all about the team game.

IE: Throwing myself at a domination point to capture it even if I die straight after! :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Sounds good mate, will add you when I get a chance. I rarely get time to play online (Missus fault! lol), but when I am. I look forward to a game. Im not great, but Im all about the team game.

IE: Throwing myself at a domination point to capture it even if I die straight after! :lol:
lmao!

you can be the Guinea pig so we can see where the bullets are coming from :p

Im on most nights late ish from 9pm to 12pm, usually when i have kicked the miss's back home ;)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lmao!

you can be the Guinea pig so we can see where the bullets are coming from :p

Im on most nights late ish from 9pm to 12pm, usually when i have kicked the miss's back home ;)
Heh sounds good! :lol:

*Note to self... pack riot shield*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts