MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Isnt this kinda in the wrong forum?

why do you want to go for such a low powered tf? if yer going in there i say jump on and hang tight, rather than, get in...we'll be there in a while.

my 2cents

(yeah i know UK insurance prices are to put it mildy, retarded)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it is soz guys not much difference in price for the 1.6 and the 1.8 insurance wise but what about the car itself

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
It's more about the level of options you get on the 1.8. Think electrics & remote central locking.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i take it you got by your post what ops are available and do you think i should stick with zr

·
Registered
702 Posts
all depends man, from what i gather, the TF is sweet mainly cause of its throw about factor, over the zr, plus is RWD so there u go even more fun :p

The zr is ...somewhat...more practical over the TF but if you got the cash Mr Wizard (mike satur) makes a butt load of toys for it.

Also goes to what you like man. both cars i think are really sweet.
Personal choices really. Think to me the thing that sells that car, personally is the fact its RWD. you can throw it around alot more plus its MUCH more balanced than a Zr.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
dj_rs said:
you got a new job as a hairdresser?
Suggest you take a look in 'The Lounge' at the 'Gay MGR driver thread'. Seems to me there are more 'hairdressers' driving R200 & ZR's than manly TF's.......:p
Which model ZR do you have nat the moment fadge?
It's more about the level of options you get on the 1.8. Think electrics & remote central locking.
Although the 1.6 is still relativly proverty spec compered with the other models, IIRC the spec has been updated recently.
Just had a look on the MGR site and RCL/Leccy windows are no longer listed as an option, so wonder if they are now standard?

·
Registered
702 Posts
isnt down to personal choice ? i mean fine fair enough if a chick buys the TF unless she really knows what shes sitting in, i doubt she sees it to be more that "ooohh pretty" to me the TF is if.."Sweet rear wheel drive goodness, amazing balance, VVC happy times" the look of the car, fine a little femme, then again so is the porsche boxster in my eyes.

·
Registered
702 Posts
++

As long as u know what yer sitting in is what you really waht, who cares what others think, its your car.

My moms hair dresser drives the new M3, shes thinks its just a BMW...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no what you mean all of a sudden my bum feels very sore but saying that the salesman sat there and told me these would save me loads money as they are brill with there quotes on this sort of car he nearly deid and had to go home early he was so upset poor lad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts