MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just surfin ebay and stumbled across this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4539689438&fromMakeTrack=true

I think it's a load of crap personally, he's got no feedback and no pics and he's listed the car as 'Sports/convertible'.. Surely he's at risk if it is genuine and someone buys it that they'll claim it's not as described then claim the money back..
Hmm, I emailed him to ask about it..
If u sellin a car or somethin u want a lo tof money for on ebay, surely u'd sell a load of stuff on there first to build up your feedback, wouldn't u??
Ohwell, bit if a random post but it's quiet on here today..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Woah, this started as a random thread but on further investigation I found these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72253&item=7964793480&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18262&item=4539405391&rd=1

The first one is BRM wheels, it's got pics but again, no feedback.. Surely if u're selling something u want a lot of money for u'd sell some small junk first just to build that up, therefore making urself more appealing and GETTING MORE BIDS!
The second one is ANOTHER BRM.. Again, no feedback, no pics.. Spooky??
I think someone's after a quick buck there! I'm gonna watch these and contact the winning bidders, see what happens

*Quick edit* The guy selling the wheels is selling some other items, but BOTH guys selling the BRM's haven't got any other items.. This is V fishy indeed!

·
Registered
305 Posts
It says sports/collectable not sports convertable!!!!! No your right it does say convertable, cant wait to see the pictures.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
I don't see a problem with the sale.
He's started the sale off at £100 that's all and he's put a reserve on it. Anybody is quite able to go and look at the car before bidding on it and he only wants a 5% deposit if you decide to buy it then it's cash on collection.

So nothing to worry about really.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Looks ok to me. Its got pics now (looks like a great car) and it now says collectable in the title.

Seems pretty genuine.

·
Registered
317 Posts
He has got the colour wrong though, he has stated British racing green, they were only ever painted in brooklands green.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glastonbury touts.. People sellin Glastonbury tickets on ebay.. They're gettin a fortune for them but they are worthless.. When u buy them from aloud.com (Official seller) you have to give u name and the name of everyone who ur buying tickets for and the names are printed on the tickets and they're photo IDing everyone on entry.. So u see, if u buy a ticket off someone on ebay, it'll have their name on it, unless you share the same name.. you wont be able to use it!
So I'm just being lame and emailing the bidders to warn them.. Other people are bidding £1,000,000 in the last seconds and then not paying, obviously.. Then the auction's over and the seller hasn't sold the tickets...

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
It doesnt fully work though, way too many people to ID on the way in, the majority are fine.
They usually send a copy of a utility bill for them to take as well...
This then means they are verified...
They get pissed its not photo ID
But whos going to take a passport of driving license to glasto in that mud and all them robbers...nobody...so you claim that, and hey presto...you are in.

Thats they way it works:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts