MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People, My name is Adam and i drive a MG ZR 1.4 (54). I have a problem with my coolant. When i drive my car from cold the temperature gauge on the dash heats up quickly but never goes above half way but the heaters still only blow cold air. As the engine warms up properly the heaters only blow warm air not hot (just enough to take the chill out the car). If i drive without putting the heaters on my coolant stays where it is. If i drive and put the heaters on the coolant drops. I have had the head changed 18 months ago and had it pressure tested 3 months ago due to this problem. I was told it is losing pressure but there is no leak in the head gasket. I am thinking because i only lose coolant when i put my heaters on and i do not have hot air that my thermostat needs replacing? Does this sound about right or can someone give some other possibilities?

many thanks for any help

·
Registered
mg_zr
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
replaced thermostat

I have changed my thermostat and also the SAAB valve ( the hose was bulging so changed it anyway) I am still losing coolant when I put the heaters on in the car. Any idea on what else it could be? I know it is a matter of eliminating areas but can you suggest a few areas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts