MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sadly I think the time has come for me and the Cabby to part company. Living half a mile from work she rarely gets used any more and I can't afford to tax and insure it and never use it...

I need to sell by the time the insurance is due at the end of July so will advertise it here first, and then in Autotrader if it hasn't sold in a month.

It's freshly MoT'd - about 2 weeks ago - and flew through (as usual) and I will put 6 months tax on tomorrow.

Specs:

1993 Rover 214i Cabriolet
Caribbean Blue
Stainless steel exhaust
Koni Red suspension - shocks & springs, 35mm drop.
Pioneer h/u & 6cd changer

Available with leather, MGF steering wheel and MG Straights with Rover centrecaps (2 recent tyres at £100 each and the other 2 have plenty of tread), or standard cloth interior and Coupe 6 spokes - depends on your budget, but as I could reasonably expect to get £500 for these seperately I would look for £450 on top for them.

Mileage is a little on the higher side - although average for year - at around 140k.

Big fat wallet of bills and paperwork.

This car has been totally cherished by myself for the last 6 years, but I've got the opportunity for something which I've hankered after for 15 years.

I'd like £1200 ovno as it stands, but would be willing to accept £800 for it standard.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lates said:
Still a good looking car Greg, question is whats your next toy going to be ?
It's going to be pretty oddball - watch this space.

I should be going to see it this weekend so may need to sell the cabby early, but yes - it is in AMAZING condition for the year and mileage. She's been absolutely doted on with no expense spared and this is going to truly break my heart.

Glen - give your insurance company a chase - I may be willing to take a deal if it all comes off this weekend, and I would like her to go to someone on here who's going to cherish her as I have.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Prepared to reduce to £1000 as it stands. £500 std. There's £300 in Straights, a couple of hundred in leather, and a few quid in MGF wheel, Pioneer h/u & changer. I've paid out £200 in new tyres in the last 2 months (2x 17" Conti Sports) and it's fully MoT'd and just taxed for 6 months. Konis put on a year ago at a cost of £300...

I'm not asking the earth for it - I just don't want to have to break it up...

Have seen an Astra Cab which is mighty tempting so she needs to go.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MG3 said:
Let me know if interested. I could pick it up mid July.
I'll be polite here and say you have no hope. There's over £600 in parts - wheels/interior etc.

Make a sensible offer or don't make one at all.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Greg said:
I'll be polite here and say you have no hope. There's over £600 in parts - wheels/interior etc.

Make a sensible offer or don't make one at all.
Well said that man. How soon do you have to get rid of it? I'm interested but not until end of summer.....

Adam

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the insurance is up for renewal at the end of July - so she needs to go by then, I suppose...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts