MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We’ll folks, I’m reluctantly having to part with my beloved 2001 plate mk2 MGF 1.6.

I’ve owned her since 2014 and boy, has she had a lotta love from me in that time. She had 51k on the clock when I got her, now sat at 76k so not used much during the last 7 years or so.

I’ve had a plethora of work done and lavished upon her since getting her. Some of the stuff includes the following:

stainless steel under floor coolant pipes
stainless steel coolant rail
upgraded alloy inlet manifold
upgraded 52mm throttle body
pipercross air filter with trophy 160 intake box rerouted to passenger air intake
magnecor red ht leads and platinum plugs
colour coded handles and wing mirrors and side vents
upgraded wing mirrors to electric
new tonneau cover
several new engine bay hoses
new gear change cables
new clutch
colour coded hard top bought
N series head gasket with updated oil ladder fitted
Toyosports stainless manifold and flex
TT MK7 stainless steel exhaust
brand new alternator
drilled and grooved discs all around with minted pads
new toyo proxies all around with miles of tread left
new alloys including the spare
restored head unit to original BMW business class MG stereo system
new badges all around, boot, grille, alloys.
new coolant tank
new front wishbones
Mike Satur chrome roll hoops with glass wind deflector
Genuine trophy 160 boot spoiler added and colour coded

Im sure there is more if I look through my invoices, I’ve spent thousands on her. The soft top is in very good condition, plastic window is clear, not yellow.

The bodywork is in very good order and has been machine polished by myself when needed. There are one or two of the prone rust spots starting on the wings which I’m sure would be easily sorted but I just don’t have the time right now.

I wonder what you guys might think I could ask for her, given the above. If anyone is interested in taking her off my hands, just message me. She’s MOTd till April 2022.

·
Registered
mgf
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cricket, that’s a bit harsh! Even we buy any car were prepared to offer £800 ant they’re robbing scumbags 🤣

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
1,949 Posts
two Beano's and a curly wurly prolly about it, especially with those 2005-onwards TF wheels :p But seriously. probaly around the 2.5k mark. Personally I'd take the TT7 off and put a standard box on then sell the tt separately as selling with it on is not really going to increase the value much over with a standard box. Also sell the hard top separately.

·
Registered
mgf
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dert, my good man! - thanks for the comments. I did think about the TT mk7 but felt if someone didn’t want it, I’d knock a bit off and keep/sell it myself. Personally I don’t find it too raucous unless I floor it, then she rasps…everyday driving, not a peep from onlookers. The roof could also be negotiable.

I would be happy with £2.5k as it is given the amount spent making her as good as she is.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Sadly, you never get back from any car what you have put in.

Add approx. 30% to the WBAC valuation to get a realistic price for a private sale.

I know it hurts, but that is the truth of it - unless you can get a fellow enthusiast who recognises the time, money and love you have put into the car.

It’s a lovely looking car and I wish you the best of luck with the sale.

Hope that helps?

·
Registered
mgf
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ian, yeah I know I won’t recoup the money I’ve spent but she’s a damn fine example and I’d expect her to fetch a bit more than £1k…..

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
It would be worth advertising at £2000 and gauge the interest. Sadly not as desirable as a 1.8 or VVC but looks like a well sorted example.

·
Registered
mgf
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s actually quite nippy for a 1.6 given the stuff done to her. VVCs can be troublesome and noisy but this 1.6 is smooth as butter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts