MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local MG-R dealership which I've known since I was a small boy back in the 1950s, made some expensive alterations to their various showrooms in the past few months. The extensively renovated main showroom which used to house the new MGs and Rovers now has Nissans in it. The MGs and Rovers have been moved to a smaller display area on the far side of the site. I had a word with the lone salesman there who I've known since the 1970s.

Understandable but still sad! Here's a picture which I hope will not be too large:

Note the newly erected Nissan Sign .... The shape of things to come? ... they've arrived.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't think we should be too frightened of this -dealers are commonly multifranchise now, and frankly, if MGR have to reduce their range to survive, multifranchises will be essential to keep a dealer network.

My dealer also does FIAT and it gives me a warm feeling every time I go to know that I didn't buy a crap Italian car.

·
Registered
rover_75
514 Posts
i always wondered why you can't go to a dealers and see like brand new fiesta, corsa, 25, all the small cars, go to another dealer see like mondeo, vectra, 3 series, 75, all the saloons
instead of having to go around 5 or six places.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Basingstoke MG Rover showroom was the same. Got "relegated" to the far damp, dark corner of the auto plaza here. Ford got its old "prime" spot.

Was up the dealer early this afternoon. Took the salesman out in my VTEC Coupe as he had nothing better to do. To say that he was grinning was an understatement, lol. Despite all that has gone on, he said he has sold 2 cars in the past couple of days - a 75 and a 25, which I was suprised. All his other customers have been fine about the new as well apparently.

·
Registered
989 Posts
the newest ways are called motor parks or villages or citys. My dealer is in a motor park and is situated with volvo, seat, audi and mercedes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts