other_manufacturer
547 Posts
"Very useful for trips to the local tip"

If I took that to the tip I'd be tempted to leave it

·
Registered
rover_75
2,596 Posts
Funny now you've mentioned this I remember that BMG the former Rover dealer in Milton Keynes (Bletchley) had a 3-door Rover 200 'van' back in the early 1990s which had blacked out windows that were metal panelled inside!

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Devonshire Dave said:
ive seen a maestro van chopped into a pick up around where i live, but i guess that is an even simpler conversion. looks good though
Didn't Austin Rover produce a Maestro pick up?

John

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
JohnSwitzer said:
Didn't Austin Rover produce a Maestro pick up?

John
No. But there were/are quite a number of Maestro vans with their roofs hacked off. I'm sure a company did pickup conversions on the Maestro van though.

·
Registered
994 Posts
There's a P-reg Freelander pickup knocking around Gaydon still. Don't think it was ever offered as a production model mind - I think it was a hacked-about former prototype.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I could be really tempted with that - from the pics it looks like a decent enough job although I agree with earlier sentiments about the tailgate (or lack thereof...)

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
22 Posts
There are some sweet looking nissan skyline pick-ups knocking about in Japan. My mate and i were only talking about how good a 200 coupe would look as a pick-up on Sunday......:getcoat:

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
The bodywork is surprisingly good except that back panel behind the seats. Having gone to all that trouble whoever did it has just stuck some metal struts inside the loading area and lined it with wood!It's a dog that could easily have been the dogs danglies.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
streetrover said:
The bodywork is surprisingly good except that back panel behind the seats. Having gone to all that trouble whoever did it has just stuck some metal struts inside the loading area and lined it with wood!It's a dog that could easily have been the dogs danglies.
Agreed - it really needs a properly engineered rear window section IMO...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts