MG-Rover.org Forums banner
861 - 874 of 874 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #861 ·
After a while some fresh news... or not.
I'm fed up with the SatNav: after a week trip in the 'lost' but nice & peaceful departement of Creuse (main town: Gueret!), once more my battery has been drained by that bl...y SatNav that was warm in the boot.
I took it off definitely to get rid of that preposterous problem.
Given my fanciful 6 cd changer (which decided once not to work, then back home was working again! Grrr!), in the end and very reluctantly I'm thinking of swapping the radio for a modern digital GPS one with Bluetooth and the like, but I would like a fully compatible one with antenna and wheel commands.
Wait and see, I'm not in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
As you may know, I'm old fashioned and possibly a bit too sentimental.
Very recently rummaging on the web I found a very nice royal monogram intended to be put in front of a car but some insane lad had butchered the lower part below the label 'CORONATION 1953'.
As I'm born on the very coronation day, I didn't dither that much!
Here is the result (fixed by a double sided adhesive strap) (sorry for the disturbing reflections within the garage and the rather darker Atlantic blue!):

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,618 Posts
Since I cannot add pictures on forum the75andztclub I am forced to provide you picture here.
So this is where you should find your application for SWC - Wheelkey Study:

Gadget Font Display device Software Multimedia

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #864 ·
Thank you mate you're a lovely man. Yes I'm to download the App on the Erisin Android device then try to let it recognize my SW power +/- button.
Never ever I used the two other ones and I doubt they may be activated for Erisin.
But I'm sure something went wrong with those 2 wires (and those 2 only, the rest works fine) and it's not impossible I've inverted both + and - as Sjonnie suggested.
My main concern at the moment is that's a messy wire (+ or -) is draining the battery, even I've obviously shut off the device. :mad::eek:
I'm not fit for such fiddly job even if I'd been proud to do it myself alone. :cry: Shame we're so far away... :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #865 ·
And here is now my last big upgrade.
I've took off the obsolete GPS box out of the boot and the 6CD changer out of the glove box which is now fully useful and front storage more roomy.
Better look as well because TomTom and the bunch of cables are no longer spoiling the luxurious dashboard.
Very oddly the 75 inside is now closer to the genuine design of Richard Woolley.
Here it is with a large 8.8" Erisin Android connected to GPS, Wi-Fi, hands free smartphone, TV & 4G+ everywhere thanks to an additional box bought at Orange.

Audio equipment Steering wheel Vehicle audio Personal luxury car Gadget

Light Audio equipment Aircraft Machine Auto part

But what a faff to get it sorted! Sweat and cursing...
Anyway all is now fully functional: quick response of the system and better sound than before.
I'm happy.

Reactions: Roverlike

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #866 ·
Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Car Automotive design

Even better now with AGAMA.

Plant Vehicle Automotive design Font Personal luxury car

Reactions: Roverlike

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #867 ·
Some more pictures of Agama launcher with 2 functions (radio & USB card playlist) and a choice of different center icons/functions/buttons.
Admire those enlightened buttons at the base of Erisin mainly because I changed their factory colour to fit with orange Rover dash! 😊

Font Display device Technology Electric blue Electronic device

Watch Speedometer Gauge Trip computer Display device

World Font Circle Technology Emblem

Font Display device Technology Electronic device Games

Font Technology Symmetry Circle Electric blue

And I can add the speedo as well.

Font Display device Electronic device Technology Auto part

Font Gadget Automotive lighting Display device Multimedia

Reactions: gnu

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #868 · (Edited)
My good mechanic is a wizard!
I had problems with the passenger electric seat since a few months: the back is still working and reclining but forward / backward move is out of order.
Unfortunately the control side box - the one with both buttons - is definitely NLA.
Hence I found an used one for a few quids on my French Rover Facebook group, with a motor in working order just in case.
My mechanic swapped the box: bad news, the new one is only 50% in working order!
But good news: in the second one the forward / backward move is working but the reclining part.
You've guessed it: my good man had to mix both boxes to get a 100% good one, that is de-soldering something that wasn't intended to be taken apart and to associate both working printed circuits.
And it works again!

Next job: to get a good used passenger sunvisor to replace the one my better half has just broken. Why? because if you break the flap over the mirror both lamps no longer can be switched on.
And I've tried and succeeded to get out the inner plug of the sunvisor which had disappeared yesterday into the hole within the double roof, thanks to an home-made hook and a short length of white sewing thread. Phew!

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #869 ·
  • Passenger sunvisor in place and fully working, flap and lights.
  • 15" Crown alloys with Goodyear Summer tyres swapped for 15" contour alloys with Michelin Winter tyres (195x65x15 91T Alpin 6)
  • Rear left wheel shock absorber rubber protection which was very recently parted (split) from the top (how? why? the arm was still very clean & shiny) was successfully glued and in one only piece again. To be clearer: the plate bump stop damper RPY100100 was disassembled from both aid-spring rear damper RPC100160 and bellows-suspension damper RPN100020.
Ready to go when the wet season comes... but when?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #870 ·
Last trip of the year with our prides & joys. 80 attendants & around 40 vehicles.
A festival of twists and turns in the morning because of 2 breakdowns (Triumph Dolomite & Alfa Romeo Alfetta).
We visited first the manor of a French Romantic writer & poet and his sister's. Then the celebration of the new wine of the year in a vineyard indeed.
Here are some of the innumerable pictures of the day.
Vehicle Tire Plant Car Automotive tire

Breakdown of the Dolomite.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive parking light

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

Have a close look and find out the Rover 75 now...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Sky Cloud Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle

How many times do you see the 75 (or something of her)?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #872 · (Edited)
Very close! Well done!
All the pics but 1, 3 & 4.
In the second one, I'm inside: you can see the 75 & ZT OC sticker.
EDIT: I was wrong! All but 1 & 4.
In the 3rd one, look through the DS driver's window (top right)!!! ;)
I'd not noticed in the first place.
Yes I do agree: it's like playing where's Wally! :LOL:

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
6,137 Posts
Very close! Well done!
All the pics but 1, 3 & 4.
In the second one, I'm inside: you can see the 75 & ZT OC sticker.
EDIT: I was wrong! All but 1 & 4.
In the 3rd one, look through the DS driver's window (top right)!!! ;)
I'd not noticed in the first place.
Yes I do agree: it's like playing where's Wally! :LOL:
oh yeah. 1) you sneaked into another car. I should have known - your steering wheel would not be tatty like that. 🤔 4) you really have to look hard 🤓

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #874 ·
oh yeah. 1) you sneaked into another car. I should have known - your steering wheel would not be tatty like that. 🤔 4) you really have to look hard 🤓
1. It was another car indeed: a tatty old Talbot Samba which was once the property of the owner's uncle, and not my pic as well. ;)
4. My privilege is I knew exactly where my gracious 75 was parked.

And BTW I was slightly bothered by my front bumper condition: some old cracks and scratches.
I gave it to a neighbour of my good mechanic (my good man doesn't want to do any bodywork and he gave me the address of a good repairer).
Job done and now it's like new going out of the lines. £300: she deserves it! 😊

861 - 874 of 874 Posts