841 - 849 of 849 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
Nice to know your engine is up to spec 💪
Don't feel happy too quickly @gnu ! ;)
We can't be cocky too long when we own a Rover, can we? :giggle:
Despite all my pleasure to drive my comfy & powerful 75, something looks rather annoying since a while.
My front brakes tend to judder. TBH it's a problem since the very beginning of my ownership.
The front disks had been to be swapped for my purchase probably already for that reason in Sept 2017. Then braking was apparently satisfying.
But again it became worse so once more brakes & pads were renewed with good quality parts (Brembo) in Apr 2018.
However since a year the problem is back again.
Nothing really noticeable when you're breaking softly or on the contrary suddenly and hard but in between. It's unpleasant & worrying.
I guess the culprit might be the calliper hence I've bought a repair kit to swap every little bit that may imbalance the braking.
Apart than that I can't see any reason...
BTW the pads fitted nearly 4 years ago weren't the right ones: right size but without the wear indicator.
It's now time to solve the problem: I wish to keep my disks which are still good but pads need to be swapped and wear cable as well.
And the fluids will be renewed (brake & engine oil): oil & filter were done in November 2020 for the last time and should be changed within a year space when running with full E85.
My good man is going to be busy very soon...

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #843 ·
I'm amazed.
Last Saturday we went visiting our daughter & family 50 km away.
The weather was miserable, dull & drizzly and raining from time to time. I let you imagine the dampness of the road with loads of water spills...
Back home in the afternoon Lady Carlotta was garaged as usual.
Generally when dry the body looks slightly stained with innumerable less or more dirty dried droplets of water, despite washing, polishing & possibly waxing beforehand.

I've had a peep on it today while putting aside some empty spare cardboard boxes.
I was utterly gobsmacked: the car was nearly immaculate as if it had just been washed and cleaned a few minutes before!
The reason should be that stuff used a fortnight ago for a simple washing & drying with recently purchased chamois leather sponge without any polish afterwards:

Tire Liquid Light Green Automotive tire

Unfortunately no significant picture could be taken in the garage, it's not enlighten enough but do trust me, it's amazing!

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,919 Posts
Not seen that. Turtle wax brand? You’ll have to let us know how long it lasts…

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #845 ·
Not seen that. Turtle wax brand? You’ll have to let us know how long it lasts…
Never so far I'd used a ceramic car wash, just a good shampoo, and never after rain & mud splash i'd seen so clean a car just letting it drying without any kind of intervention.
That's wizardry! :cool:
But don't be so gourmand! If it lasts several weeks I'll be very happy. But if it lasts several months then it'll be miraculous!
I'm a happy bunny: I've bought 3 big bottles! 😜

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #847 ·
BTW the long term mpg (column #6) 15.68 l/100km (18 mpg) is obviously utterly false.
Since Autumn 2017 my average mpg (brim to brim) is 12.5 l/100 km or 22.6 mpg of full E85 (approximate equivalent of 29 mpg or 9.7 l/100 km in conventional E5 or E10).
It's an initial mistake of Torque since my last reset which is slowly reducing the gap in the long run. I assume it'll be close to the truth later in the year.
You may have noticed the large discrepancy with the average trip (column #7) which is far more accurate.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #849 ·
Another lovely journey today. Sunny (but cold) weather and blissful drive.
Here are the last fuel-ups since last July remap, first for Brits then for the other Europeans:

Rectangle Azure Font Slope Material property

Azure Rectangle Slope Plot Font

Rectangle Azure Line Aqua Font

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

It looks mpg is slightly but actually improving, even in the present chilly weather. I should add that in winter the aircon is often off.
Anyway the last fuel-up shows 11.8 l/100km i.e. 24 mpg which is pretty satisfying, considering the E85 25% extra consumption.
In other words an equivalent 95E5 fuel-up would have given 9.4 l/100km i.e. 30 mpg, which looks rather thrifty for a 23 years old V6 2.5.
And don't forget the E85 low price in France (despite the recent increase): driving 100 mls costs only around £11 (average price), or 8.50€ for 100 km!
I don't know whether a 75 diesel gives back a better return.
And last but not least given the V6 delivers now better torque & better bhp, the dream is just coming true... :giggle:

Reactions: gnu
841 - 849 of 849 Posts