MG-Rover.org Forums banner

701 - 708 of 708 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #701
Thank you for that tip! :D
No I hadn't seen that mod: there are so many posts in the other forum...
The finish touch looks very nice, far nicer than the rough spring I'd seen in the first place.
But something's missing: the item list!
And TBH I was a bit dropped backwards when I read: "Some had issues with them causing the hinges for the bootlid to bend." :eek:
BTW I'm so impressed by my new struts which make a massive difference with my old 21 years old ones that I think I may postpone that mod for a while except if I can get the exact length of the metal spacer and the precise spring type. I'll see to ask the question later.
Thank you once more: astute & not to fiddly a mod! (y)

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #702
As my "England" boot badge has completely lost its red colour, I replaced it with a slight classic flavour of good old days Britishness...

Before:

After (do excuse a very thin layer of dust due to the lock-down...):

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
Here is the last ranking in this month PC. The 75 is 11th out of 40: not that bad! :love:
Just behind the MG F/TF! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #705
Morris Minor indeed ! 👍

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #706
I'm happy to say that I've found out a French Rave for 75/ZT/ZT260. I didn't imagine such ever existed! :D
It will be of good use for my skillful mechanic who isn't that keen on English, mainly when the time comes to swap belts, pump & pulley. Very soon...
The last swap was done on the 25 Apr 2014. But I'm not obsessed with the so called 6 years rule. Lots of 75 did 10 years and more with the same belt without any harm as we can learn from forums. On the other hand I'll not try a foul play which would be silly of me. Maybe next autumn or even in spring 2021 at the latest.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #708
Belt swap on a V6? That’s a difficult job, I’m not surprised your mechanic would prefer to work with French manuals!
Indeed and he should have thin hands because there isn't much room in the engine bay.
Since he is working on my 3 Rovers, I bet he has greatly improved his skills. It would be nice if he'd been awarded with a special Rover mechanical trophy ! :giggle:

701 - 708 of 708 Posts