MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thats a nice 400 youve got there, how much are you aming to fetch for it?
If i was in the market and had the cash id take it!

A replacement for my 216 is prob gona have to wait till next year, is that or sort out me rusty wings!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL someone just offered me £800 CASH!!! should I take his arm off? :eyes:
It has had £500 spent in the past 3 months lol some people!!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
i cant believe you have put it there chris,it looks a quality motor and now you will just get idiots offering you stupid money.
all the best with the sale and i hope you get the money you are looking for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, it seems like no matter how many times you tell people how good a condition it is in they still just presume you are lying! Sometimes I wonder if anyone tells the truth about things on Ebay as buyers seem to take everything you say with a pinch of salt! That said its on now and we will see what happens. I have sold stuff on Ebay for years, you would think that 276 100% positive feedback would count for something but apparently not when it comes to cars LOL! Cheers for the good wishes!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
it seems like no matter how many times you tell people how good a condition it is in they still just presume you are lying!
lol i am the same, the guy who sold me my car was saying its immaculate nothing wrong with it except a few stone chips, ( lol i ve said this a number of times ) but he was full of IT, people lie to get rid of their cars, Happened with 2 of my cars OOH perfect condition never had any trouble. Within first few months bout 200 to 300 pounds spent on repairs. Thats why I'm going garage next time unless its a newish car. ( with warranty ) lol i ve always wanted to go back to who I bought it off & show him what it looks like now, what it ( his old car) can look like with a bit of attention spent on it. I still rmb what he said , it is good condition..... why what are you after ??? A show car ??? I was gob smacked, I want a bloody car that looks like its suppose to.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no1knows said:
lol i am the same, the guy who sold me my car was saying its immaculate nothing wrong with it except a few stone chips, ( lol i ve said this a number of times ) but he was full of IT, people lie to get rid of their cars, Happened with 2 of my cars OOH perfect condition never had any trouble. Within first few months bout 200 to 300 pounds spent on repairs. Thats why I'm going garage next time unless its a newish car. ( with warranty ) lol i ve always wanted to go back to who I bought it off & show him what it looks like now, what it ( his old car) can look like with a bit of attention spent on it. I still rmb what he said , it is good condition..... why what are you after ??? A show car ??? I was gob smacked, I want a bloody car that looks like its suppose to.
Sounds like you had a bad time, I'd take it back and hit him with it :) Thats why I was wary of selling on Ebay. I think sometimes it is perceived as a no come back type of sale, and thats why people shift their dodgy cars on there. I think my 276 100% positive feedback more than rules out that I am one of them however! anyone who sells on Ebay will tell you it takes a lot of trouble and honesty to reach that level of feedback without every getting a single bad or neutral comment!
As I said if it doesn't reach the money I want I will just have to learn to live with the increased insurance and lower MPG than a 1.5 as I sure as hell aint gonna sell it for dodgy car cash!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts